DON'T STAY HERE IF YOU PLAN ON COOKING FAMILY MEALS - the 'basic' kitchen means they include a broken microwave and a hotplate in the tea and coffee making area!! Not a single sharp knife, no utensils, one micro pot/pan without lids - its BYO but then you may as well go camping if you need to bring everything. I burned myself cooking without a lid on splattering hot fat and also burned myself on the toaster which had a wire wrapped across the top of the slots that got hot during use - staff weren't concerned about my injuries, didn't apologise and just shifted blame to me for their negligence. If you want to cook a meal book somewhere with a full kitchen.
If you want a sunny room forget it - I noticed that a lot of the rooms on the sunny side overlooking the pool are occupied by residents. Both chairs on the balcony were broken and useless and the lock on the balcony door was damaged (screws missing) taking forever to open and close. It was all a major inconvenience.
The room had an overpowering smell of bleach and the carpets were stained. The bed was hard and it was cold with only one blanket and no quilt. They advertised that your room is equipped with a laundry but they don't tell you it's a SHARED laundry outside the room.
The sauna doesn't even get hot as there is a two inch gap under the door.
The small old TV didn't even have a plug for headphone use so forget about sleeping if someone wants to watch telly until late.
The room did have a nice view (but you can this at any other hotel tower in the area) although noisy long-term roadworks are going on directly outside.
Overall a cold (both the room and the staff) and unpleasant place to stay. If you want a problem free stay - and a spare roll of toilet paper - go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our apartments at Ipanema Surfers Paradise offer great views of the hinterland, Nerang River and the ocean. This unique holiday building is located on the beach side of the Gold Coast Highway, between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ipanema Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Resort Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Ipanema Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Ipanema Resort Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise