We stayed at the Aloha over the Christmas break and I was not really that impressed with it. We had an apartment on the 13th floor with great views to the hinterland of the Gold Coast and to the ocean. I know this place is not a five star hotel but they certainly need to clean the place and replace some of the ageing ktichen equipment.
One thing that was most annoying were kitichen cupboards that had been locked, obviously to store the owners personal items. This was very annoying as one had paid for the use of the entire apartment.
What really annoyed me the most about this place was the rude behaviour of a front of staff member. We had lost our keys and had to pay $100 as they said they had to change the locks, but I was told they simply get new ones cut.
In addition the bathroom in the spare room flooded and soaked the carpets in the bedroom so that my sister who was staying with us had to sleep on the sofa as they smelt so bad. When we asked for any type of compensation we were told this is not a hotel. She also said that we should have reported it, blaming us for the problem. Overall the place had a funny smell to it but it was added to by wet carpet. I personally would avoid this place like the plaque, except for the views there is not much else going for it. There are many other places which offer more, and with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking to party till dawn or be in the midst of all the excitement, we are in the perfect position for you. There is security parking under the building and tour buses pick up right at our front door for your convenience. We are proud of our local knowledge and can assist you with any information on the Gold Coast during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aloha Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Holiday Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Aloha Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise