“A smelly room with a view.”
Review of Aloha Apartments

Aloha Apartments
Reviewed January 16, 2009

We stayed at the Aloha over the Christmas break and I was not really that impressed with it. We had an apartment on the 13th floor with great views to the hinterland of the Gold Coast and to the ocean. I know this place is not a five star hotel but they certainly need to clean the place and replace some of the ageing ktichen equipment.
One thing that was most annoying were kitichen cupboards that had been locked, obviously to store the owners personal items. This was very annoying as one had paid for the use of the entire apartment.
What really annoyed me the most about this place was the rude behaviour of a front of staff member. We had lost our keys and had to pay $100 as they said they had to change the locks, but I was told they simply get new ones cut.
In addition the bathroom in the spare room flooded and soaked the carpets in the bedroom so that my sister who was staying with us had to sleep on the sofa as they smelt so bad. When we asked for any type of compensation we were told this is not a hotel. She also said that we should have reported it, blaming us for the problem. Overall the place had a funny smell to it but it was added to by wet carpet. I personally would avoid this place like the plaque, except for the views there is not much else going for it. There are many other places which offer more, and with a smile.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank stephentaynton
There are newer reviews for Aloha Apartments

Reviewed January 10, 2009

When we arrived the indian lady & an other lady her boss? were very rude, (Jan was lovely who we met later) they didn't greet us, & placed on floor 5 instead of floor 10 as promised even though we hadrung times to check a high was ok & booked a year ago.

we got told someone hadnt checked out & that bad luck even though we booked ayear ago, as they wanted to stay an extra it was too bad.

when taking our mastercard & trying to check in a few hours earlier in the arvo were told that the rooms were not available yet, even though we asked for an early check in , & that they had a phone failure & the mastercard couldnt process correctly & they would call us as son as the phones/systems were working, which coincidentally when we called back very soon were working, & they advised they had just come back online, what a coincidence. it seemed like they were too lazy to arrange a room early for us, even though we had clearly arranged this.

They were stonefaced as my mate said, & their attitude was poor & my cousin said that if they smiled their face would crack.

we have tra\velled the world & everyone always greeted us lovely bar these 3 staff members. hopefully they are no longer there if the owner got feedback.

When we got our rooms, our 2 bedroom one was smelly & fllor 5 smelt like the garnage hadn't been put out. the 1 bedroom one wasnt too bad. both rooms vents were dirty, but that could be being a little picky.

The location & viw were sensational, & was not disappointed with the room/view. the bed was so comfy & I coudnt fault the actual room for the price. shower was big. spa was nice bar having to hit a button to turn it on every 5 mins, the spa level was very low 1 day.

the tennis court was great,, gamesroom looked ok, antique sauna, underground carpark was good to park your hire car prvately.

bsically walk thru a walkway to cavill mall...location FANTASTIC. 3 mins walk to cavill mall.

liquor store on the corner was a rip off, walk 1 min more to the BWS for the best prices.

in house rom service was good, clean sheets were lovely.

We said we checking out at 8.30am approx, & they called us at 8.25am to ask why we havent left - first time ever - cosidering we could hav eft at 10am, & they didnt want to give us a rom at 1pm on the right floor when we got there, unusual...

Whe the receptionist staff saw us leave in the carpark didn't even say goodbye, even though we had never been rude.

We will not go back to this place only because of the 2 staff that were rude.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank legend66
Reviewed August 17, 2008

My partner & I stayed at Breakfree Aloha for 4 weeks while on holiday in surfers paradise. After reading some reviews esp the ones on this site I had my doubts about the place, I guess I was expecting the worst. Aloha is a 3 star apartment, they do not pretend to be 5 star and one should not expect 5 star service from them however in saying this I dont have one thing to moan about, reception staff were friendly & very helpful, our room was serviced every 8 days as was planned, and to top it off we were given room # 1105, this room has amazing views from the spit to Currumbin blocked only slightly by the Iluka apartments, now whilst I know you can get amazing views like this and better at alot of hotels on the coast im almost sure you would pay more than $110 for most of them, for $110 per night we woke up to watch whales pass our window and I didnt even have to get out of bed to see them!!! Everything was as you would expect for a three star property. I would return again but I would definatly book through Aloha direct to ensure I receive the same quality of service again (id be asking for the same room too)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fluffygoose
Reviewed March 23, 2008

MMM what can I say the property stinks I didnt like it at all it all old, worn out and dirty. we ddnt spend time in the place l avoided being there but we had to sleep at night had no choice. I had to spry all my perfume to get the mouldy odur smell out of the room. I would rate the room 2 star. . The bathrooms are so unclean hair everywhere yukkk. We didnt touch any of the cooking facilites as everyting looked unclean. the lifts in the place feel like they are gonna break and the carpet throughout the place bloody stink the whole place stinks man they need a renovation. They only good thing is that they are so local to everything the main streets buses and etc Oh and I recommend go to the Q1 Tower/resort man what a view very nice experience and good thing to see. The last day when we left they didnt even have a box to put our key in as our depature from the resort was at 4.00am and we had to leave our key in one of the lockers man what bad service. dont go there is crap. there are better palces and in good condition. Never would I recomemed it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Holiday20072008
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I booked a 1 bedroom for my daughter and her friend 24 Jan to 27 Jan. The room was dirty, the bathroom dirty with hairs in the bath. They also slept on their beach towels when they found hairs on the sheets.
There was no one around to complain to in the evening.

I can't believe some of the other positive comments.

This hotel is in need of a make over.

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank mikerunner2
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Out of all the hotels we stayed in during our trip to Australia, the Aloha Resort apartments were the most surprisingly spaces and best value for the price paid.
The location is superb, just 5 mins walk max, 2 streets away from the famous Surfers Paradise Gateway sign entrance to the main beach which is itself at the end of the main bar area Cavil avenue. Just type Trickett Street into google earth and see for yourself how close these apartments really are to cavil avenue.
5 Mins max to the main area of all the action surfers paradise has to offer, 200 metres from the beach itself. The apartments are nice and quiet and surprisingly large, we had a 2 bed apartment with 1 queen bed and 2 single beds, both rooms had ensuite showers and toilets etc. It even had a washing machine and also a tumble dryer, along with the usual kitchen with large fridge, cooker, microwave etc not that we used any of the cooking facilities and large lounge area along with air conditioning and two balconies, cable tv.
There is also a swimming pool with childrens area,
Sauna and Spa
Mexican Restaurant and cocktail bar
Games Room
Tennis Court
BBQ
These apartments are actually rented out by Australians for months at a time so they really do have too have everything in them that you need to be self sufficient, but with the added benefit of being really close to everything.
We have 2 children aged 9 and 13 and stayed here in Dec 07 while on a 3 week holiday of a lifetime to Australia from England and we certainly would have no hesitation what so ever in recommending them or staying here again.
The people on reception were exceptionally helpful and friendly.

1 tip while staying here, Visit Steve Irwin’s Australia zoo, it really is unlike any other zoo you will visit. and try taking in a surfing lesson which is just round the corner from the aloha resort.

Also use Google earth to see just how close Hotels etc are to the centre of towns/cities you are visiting, we found it to be invaluable in making sure we were not stuck in the middle of no where.

If your visiting the east coast of Australia click on my profile to see other hotels we visited,

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank RoyPartington
Reviewed April 17, 2007

The position of the Aloha Resort Apartments was terrific, a hop, skip and a jump from the heart of Surfers Paradise. We had views of the beach. (when we were there had a fireworks display). The only problem was the noise from the rubbish collectors especially the glass recycling in the early hours of the morning (really noisy). The rooms were spacious and tidy, was a little disappointed there was no dishwasher but got over that (what with water restrictions and all). Pool was large enough but it did get a bit shady lots of high rises around. Games room for the kids had a variey of things to do. I requested a lower level apartment got level 4 but technically with the ground floor was level 5 (as I had a fear of heights couldn't get onto the balcony. just a bit high). I booked a roll away bed, but the mattress so thin that I ended up taking the mattress of the spare single bed and using that., for the cost of the roll away bed I was disappointed.
The staff were helpful and pleasant.

5  Thank woodpecker1966
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise
Beachcomber Resort Surfers Parad...
#105 of 123 in Surfers Paradise
#19 of 123 in Surfers Paradise
Surf Regency Apartments
Surf Regency Apartments
#39 of 123 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Aloha Apartments? Share your experiences!