Aloha Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
The Island Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
Great 4.5/5
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
Great 4.5/5
  • Beachfront
Diamonds Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsfabulous locationfree wifiamazing viewswould stay againbedroom apartmenttennisspacourtwhalesmaintenancedishwasherthemeparks
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for three nights just prior to Christmas. We had a beach views unit and hadn't requested it. Loved the complex. Kids swam and played tennis no concerns at all. Great value. Great location. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
    AlohaGC, General Manager at Aloha Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your review it is very much appreciated. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Aloha and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Annually my family and I make the trek from Sydney to the beautiful Gold Coast for our summer fun in the sun holiday. This year (2013) was one to forget thanks to the Breakfree Aloha apartments.
    Upon arrival we had to deal with no visitor parking forcing us to pay for parking around the corner just to check in. Not a deal breaker in itself but the start of things to come.
    Through original telephone bookings we requested beach views (understanding this is merely a request and not a guarantee) we found it insulting that our friends who were meeting us in Surfers were given the beach view room simply because they arrived before us. Even though they did not request beach views as they were only staying 4 nights compared to our 10. From a managerial perspective I found this to be an odd move. But to be honest we were out to have fun regardless of the view which faced directly west overlooking neighbouring A/C towers and the toy box gentleman's club (try explaining to a 7 Y/O they don't sell toys!)
    The apartment itself was of poor quality and size when compared to other 3 star Surfers Paradise apartments we have stayed in over previous years. (International Beach Resort, Beach Comber Resort and Condor apartments to name a few) So we do understand 3 star isn't the Ritz but far better examples of 3 star accommodation does exist in Surfers Paradise.
    The apartment appeared to have originally been a single room which had been cheaply converted to a twin room. This became clearly apparent to me once the kids and wife had gone to bed I was unable to visit the lavatory without walking through the kids room or the wives room as they slept. Not so bad for me but made things awkward when I had a visitor one night.
    As I write this review it's becoming clear I could go on and on about the quality or lack there of in this facility.
    Additional concerns I will detail in point form below. I will however mention here the complete disgust I had in having to climb 15 flights of stairs on 4 different occasions as a result of both elevators breaking down with 2 children, one in a pram! My friends also had a child in a pram and the mother was 8 weeks pregnant.........
    The concern shown by the desk staff did nothing to ease our frustrations.
    Again I'd like to make it clear that we understand this is only 3 star accommodation but in comparison to other 3 star apartments in surfers I'd suggest you avoid this one like the plague!
    On a positive note, location was fantastic and the weather was beautiful. Thankfully Breakfree management had no influence over either of these aspects.
    - Waste disposal chute disabled.
    - A/C in one room inop.
    - Poor TV. Only one power point even if you wanted to plug in your own appliance (DVD Player) you couldn't.
    - Poorly fitted sliding door between the main room and lounge had no lower guide rail allowing my 16 month old daughter to jam her fingers between it and the wall.
    - Badly corroded stove top.
    - Light hanging out of socket in kids room.
    - Hot water service in second room (children's room) noisy and copper pipes not insulated Very hot to the touch.
    - Basement parking lot flooded after rain.

Room Tip: Don't bother!!!
    • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
    1  Thank Brad294
    AlohaGC, General Manager at Aloha Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We, at Aloha are sorry to hear that your expectations were not met, we were aware of your booking requests and do regret that, (due to extremely high occupancy levels at the time of your stay,) we were unable to honour your request of the ocean view but we were pleased that we were able to fulfil your other requests to be as close to or next to your friends on a high floor who came a day earlier and were staying for 6 nights, they had also requested ocean views, we thought being friends you would both be able to enjoy the ocean views from their apartment, staying on the 15th floor did give you beautiful western views of waterways, the hinterland and mountains, I can assure you every reasonable effort was made to honour your request.
    We regret that maintenance issues in the apartment were not brought to our attention during your stay we do have powerboards, batteries for air/con remotes, fans etc. on hand, we wish to advise that corrective action has since been taken.
    We did have a mechanical failure with the lifts, staff at the desk including myself did everything that was in our control to ease everyone’s frustrations, I personally apologised to you. We do have a strict maintenance program in place with Kone Elevators.
    Once again we do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

For those who are considering staying at the Aloha, you need to set expectations for staying in a hotel that is 30 years old. As with a number of Gold Coast hotels of this vintage, the apartment I stayed in was spacious with 2 big bedrooms, 2 bathrooms as well as a washing machine and dryer in the main bathroom. The kitchen was good with a decent size living and dining area which had fantastic ocean views. The hotel also has free car parking in the basement and great location being 2 streets south of Cavill Avenue and just across the road to the beach. I managed to get a great off peak deal through the Entertainment Book. To pick negatives of the hotel: it is beginning to show signs of age which may bother people looking for modern renovated hotels. The room I stayed in also had no air conditioning, which is fine for September, but may be an issue in January. TV had no Foxtel channels. And the reception is only open business hours on weekdays and half days on weekends, so you need to sort out check in arrangements if arriving outside of these hours. Overall I was happy enough and have booked here again for my 2014 Gold Coast holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
    1  Thank BalwynCalling
    AlohaGC, General Manager at Aloha Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for rating us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to have met your expectations and that you have re booked another stay at Aloha we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The location is fantastic! Super close to the shopping center, restaurant, supermarkets, opposite to the beach. The cleaner and the receptionist are super friendly and helpful. Good view. The only thing is the room itself, old mouldy curtains, rusty fridge, rusty outdoor furniture. However, the cleaner has done a great job to make it tidy and clean for us to stay. Owner of that room may have to change the fridge and mouldy curtains. Apart from that, everything was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank GraceLH123
    AlohaGC, General Manager at Aloha Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review BreakFree Aloha on Trip Advisor. We do pride ourselves on our commitment to customer service and knowing what matters. Our housekeeping team have very high standards which can be felt in our rooms and yes the view from the apartments is "great". We note your comments on the standard of the room and we continue to take these issues up with the owners of the apartments. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The first thing that we experienced was a strong mildew smell. The curtains and windows were dirty and the outdoor furniture was rusted. Had to keep windows and doors permanently opened to get rid of the smell. The balcony was shared with the next apartment that housed permanent residents who were noisy, and disturbed us throughout the night on the first day that we arrived. On complaining,a deodorizer was used and the neighbours quietened down.The location is excellent! management needs to address these issues so that future renters can have a positive experience.

Room Tip: Perhaps there are better rooms, as I believe that these are individually owned, So ask before you book.
    Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
    1  Thank Fabian B
    AlohaGC, General Manager at Aloha Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We are concerned that you were disappointed with your stay at BreakFree Aloha, I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence but was due to the recent extreme weather events that we have experienced on the Gold Coast, and I am pleased to report that management has addressed all issues mentioned in your review. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.