We stayed at the Crown Towers on our honeymoon. Now it was no ordinary honeymoon as we were joined by our 5 daughters, 2 sisters, 4 cousins and a mother-in-law. We had 4 different rooms; ours was a one bedroom suite which overlooked the ocean and towards the fun park next door. Our daughters (aged 23 to 16) had a 3 bedroom apartment. All four rooms were fantastic. Typical Queensland decor with blues and yellows and shells etc but just lovely. Views were amazing especially from the girls apartment on the 32nd floor!
The only hassle was that the elevator system was a bit complicated - as we had four rooms all in different parts of the hotel, we have to go down to ground floor and change elevators (one of the elevator entrances was actually around the corner from the main one and we couldn't find it at first!) and we didn't have the right key tag and had to get new security passes - all a bit of a drama as we weren't told about it and got quite lost, we were all trying to locate each other and spent an hour chasing each other up and down elevators - when you are only there 4 days, time is precious.
The Thai restaurant was superb. Typical AUD prices but food was great. There is a fantastic outdoor pool with pirate ship etc but our children being more adult ages the theme got a bit lost on them - would be fabulous for those with smaller children. We were only about a 3 minute walk to the main shopping area so we didn't use the hotel much for eating in.
The inside of the foyer looks up to about 8 or 10 floors in a sort of atrium open air effect so you can watch people walking around on the lower floors, quite cool. Bar has happy hour which is great, somesort of Daquaris as the house special!. All in all its a great hotel and I would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Mantra Crown Towers offers a wide range of leisure facilities perfect for a family holiday, short break or weekend away. Children are well catered for at the resort, which features a lagoon style pool with its own pirate ship, waterslide and sandy beach, as well as a games room and children's playground. The Resort's leisure facilities also include a 15 metre indoor heated pool, spa, sauna, fully equipped gymnasium and on-site restaurants, including Chiangmai Thai. The award-winning Chiangmai Thai restaurant provides authentic Thai cuisine, with strong Thai influences such as wooden elephant chairs and decorative motifs scattered throughout the restaurant adding to the Thai experience. Open for dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant is the perfect choice for dinner, all within the comfort of the resort. Be pampered by professional and friendly therapists, at the onsite day spa Calmer Therapies. The day spa offers beauty treatments, including deluxe facials, full body scrubs/wraps, deluxe pedicures and manicures, pamper packages and waxing. Mantra Crown Towers offers a range of spacious accommodation options including One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments. All apartments are fully self contained with kitchen and laundry facilities, and feature their own private balcony with many offering ocean views. Just 100m from Surfers Paradise beach and 500m to the cafe and restaurant precinct of Cavill Avenue, Mantra Crown Towers provides access to all the attractions of the Gold Coast making it the perfect place to stay for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Crown Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Towers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Resort All Inclusive
- Mantra Crown Towers Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise