I booked this hotel after reading others' warnings about the images not matching the actuality, but thought that booking through Booking.com, not the local tourist bureau, would mean that we would be given a better apartment. I was wrong- the apartment we were allocated looked like it had last had the interior updated circa 1990- everything was tired and shabby looking. After requesting a change at reception, we were allocated apartment 1202, which was much better, with a huge balcony, but not totally clean. There was actually a plastic supermarket bag with cigarette butts floating about, and visible down below in the void(?) is what looks like years worth of rubbish dropped from floors above. On the positive side, the pool area, including large heated outdoor spa and indoor pool. Children are well catered for, with a slide and shallow areas. The Thai restaurant was also very good, with well priced authentic food and speedy service. The front reception staff were efficient and friendly.
In summary, I am glad that the children had a great time in the pool- I will book elsewhere next time, as it is too risky that you would be stuck with a 2-3 star apartment, after paying a four star price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Mantra Crown Towers offers a wide range of leisure facilities perfect for a family holiday, short break or weekend away. Children are well catered for at the resort, which features a lagoon style pool with its own pirate ship, waterslide and sandy beach, as well as a games room and children's playground. The Resort's leisure facilities also include a 15 metre indoor heated pool, spa, sauna, fully equipped gymnasium and on-site restaurants, including the award-winning Chiangmai Thai, all within the comfort of the resort. Mantra Crown Towers offers a range of spacious accommodation options including One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments. All apartments are fully self contained with kitchen and laundry facilities, and feature their own private balcony with many offering ocean views. Just 100m from Surfers Paradise beach and 500m to the cafe and restaurant precinct of Cavill Avenue, you are amongst all the action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Crown Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Towers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Resort All Inclusive
- Mantra Crown Towers Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise