BreakFree Moroccan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Diamonds Resort(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
All reviewselkhorn towergreat locationgames roomacross the roadoutdoor poolfamily holidayclose to shopsfabulous viewslounge areaspacious apartmenta great place to staycavill avenuebbq areacentral locationgreat roomgreat facilitiesocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

After having purchased a great value Breakfree offer we were allocated Apartment 16 in the Elkhorn Tower. Spacious, recently refurbished and comfortably furnished our apartment offered 4th floor views of the ocean. We were a short walk from the beach, the major tourist and shopping areas of 'Surfers' and we also had a choice of restaurants at our doorstep.
The bar-b-q area near the pool is clean and user friendly. The heated indoor pool was handy when the wind picked up.
This resort offered us a relaxing break with all the space and comfort we could have asked for. The Reception staff were extremely helpful and what a bonus to see common sense had prevailed and that the frying pan in the apartment was 'non stick'. (It's the little things that can make a holiday so much nicer.)
We are looking forward to a return trip. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Island_GirlOz
Moroccan-gm, General Manager at BreakFree Moroccan, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Island_GirlOz

Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay at the Moroccan Resort and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

It is always great to receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Absolute perfect location and huge room with a beautiful view but unfortunately the hotel needs a lot of work overall.
-There were stains and holes all over the walls in our room
-The landing (when you get out of the lifts) stinks of rubbish so badly we had to hold our breath until we got to our room.
-There was mold all through the shower and bathroom
-Yellow stains all over the blankets on the bed
-Cockroaches in the kitchen

It was a real shame to see all these downfalls as the resort could be so good.

Room Tip: Don't stay in View Tower
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kate1709

Dear Kate1709,

Thanks for your feedback it is always good to receive valuable comments.

We too are disappointed to get such feedback, all the apartments are individually owned so there is some difference between the Apartments presentation. The smell in the corridor was due to a blocked rubbish chute and was rectified immediately.

Thanks for your time.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hopefully one day soon I get to come back here.

I gave every part of my review a 5 except for 'cleanliness' which I gave a 4 unfortunately because to be 100% honest there were a few dirty dishes before we used anything. What I saw there was a dirty mug and spatula. I told mum and she said she saw another dirty dish as well, but I don't see that and don't remember what she said it was. I read someone's review talking about good cookware which I would have to disagree with in our apartment, but that didn't matter too much. Actually, that was the reason my family and I ate out most of the time if not eating something which doesn't even require cooking which is pretty bad when you come to think of it. Also we had a broken sifter which I thought was funny haha
Well other than that I do say it was a really awesome place to stay. We stayed in the elkhorn tower which I thought had really nice view on level 9. You do get to see the beach but that is also the street side. Well, I thought it was very nice anyway. We stayed for 10 nights and it wasn't enough because we had so much to do and I actually wish there were at least a few more days where we didn't have anything planned. I didn't even go swimming in the inside pool or go in the sauna we were that busy haha
I had time to go in the outside pool only once when we had a barbecue near the pool area one night. Also your barbecues are special haha it took us ages to get it working. I even needed to run to Coles to buy matches so if you're planing to have a barbecue one day don't forget matches. I hope this message doesn't seem like I'm complaining too much. Oh and the staff were lovely and helpful. I really loved it here and I would love to come back in the future. :)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank 4lauren1992
Moroccan-gm, General Manager at BreakFree Moroccan, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear

Dear 4lauren1992,

You are a star!!!!! Thank you for posting an Honest and detailed review after your recent stay at the Moroccan Resort and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

It is always great tio receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back. Feel free to contact me directly prior to your next booking.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the fifth time in 5 years. Highly recommend it. Fantastic location - across the road from the beach, near Coles supermarket and one block from Cavill Avenue. Great outdoor pool that gets lots of sun for most of the day. Indoor pool and spa are good also. Not sure why sauna is out of order, was out of order this time last year as well. Two and three bedroom apartments are very spacious. All of the apartments we've stayed in have had a great split layout - adults on one side of the apartment with the kids on the other :) It's hard not to get an ocean view here given its across the road from the beach with most of the apartments facing the beach. Well designed. The apartments have nice decor, not the most modern but pleasant. Apartments clean and kitchen facilities are great - very well equipped with even a rice cooker. Overall a great stay for families given the spacious, well equipped and centrally located apartments. Staff are friendly and accommodating also. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank optusnet
Moroccan-gm, General Manager at BreakFree Moroccan, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Optusnet,

Fantastic to hear we have yet another very happy return guest. This really means so much to all of us here at The BreakFree Moroccan & we most certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you & your family back for your 6th stay.

We of course are equally pleased to know you found both our complex & your apartment perfectly located within the heart of Surfers Paradise & in outstanding condition as along with our very warm, friendly & accommodating team; cleanliness, presentation & attention to detail is something we take great pride in, & being one of our regular guests you will be happy to know thanks to your great feedback which you have provided relating to your experiences with us, we are delighted to advise that many other Trip Advisor travelers share your very positive thoughts about our hotel.

Once again , thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers, we look forward to welcoming you & your family back in the future. Until then we again wish you & your family all the very best for the year ahead.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was skeptical when booking Moroccan as I had read some reviews that were not that great, however, my room was great. It had 2 bedrooms, a good kitchen (needs more glasses and cutlery), lounge area,dining area, a washing machine and dryer,2 bathrooms and 2 toilets. Yes, I agree that the bathrooms may need a good scrub in the corners (mould) and the lounges needed to be replaced but overall I was very happy. We had a view of the pool (which was never freezing cold) and the spa (quite warm) and we had a view of the ocean from a lovely balcony. The staff were friendly always, if there was something wrong (my fan had a pull-cord and I could not reach it) they quickly sent a maintenance person up to assist.You are 1 street away from main shopping area, restaurants galore overlooking the ocean, you are 20 metres away from the beach. Overall, a fantastic well-looked after resort right in the centre of Surfers and will be staying there again!

Room Tip: try to ask for an ocean view as you get a fantastic breeze and get a higher one. The front tower or the Elkhorn is fab and I was on the 10th floor just under the penthouse.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank happychappy2014

Dear Happychappy2014,

Wow, what can we can but thank you, thank you for such a great review of our Resort. We are all delighted to receive your very positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us & we are very happy to know our very friendly & helpful team, services & facilities continue to bring you enjoyment & meet your expectations . Hearing this from our guests really does mean so very much to us & makes being in the business of looking after people a real pleasure.

We were also very happy to hear you were Pleasantly surprised and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and other travellers.