Stayed here for approx. a week and a half with family, this being our 3rd time staying at The Moroccan. We come to the Gold Coast every year, and The Moroccan is definitely our favourite place to stay. You can't beat the stunning views of the ocean. Everything is in close walking distance, the beach literally across the road.
We did however have our first major disappointment - a group of over 40 teenagers seemed to be having a party in the same building (sneaking in through the car park below and calling up to a room to gain access). There was one boy with a key sneaking people up through the elevators. There were numerous families with young children returning from the night markets who had to try to shuffle past these teenagers, who were being extremely noisy and drinking, also leaving empty alcohol bottles and cigarette butts around the premises. We notified security numerous times however nothing was done, the teenagers continued to walk straight past the security guard who patrols the hotel at night - who's response to us was "they hired a room, there's nothing I can do." The security guard seemed rather young and was seen a couple of times hugging and greeting the boys as they arrived. This was extremely disappointing as we found it hard to relax and sleep that night. This also gave us a little concern about the secureness of the property.
Apart from this we enjoyed our stay for the most part. We all love the outdoor pool facilities and BBQ area. The car park is very handy and easy access. The staff are also lovely. A few of the decorative pillows in the bedroom were stained and the rooms could use a more thorough clean but still good value for the money. I will consider returning to The Moroccan for my vacation this year, the only fault being the noisy teenagers and lack of security.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just across the road from a patrolled beach, BreakFree Moroccan's convenient location allows you to easily walk to Cavill Avenue for great shopping, cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. The resort offers fully self-contained one and two bedroom apartments. There are two choices of two bedroom apartments, standard and ocean premium which includes guaranteed ocean views. All apartments include full kitchen, laundry facilities, TV, cable TV and balcony with ocean or hinterland views. The resort's onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, spa, BBQ area, games room and secure undercover parking. For guests that want to experience the Gold Coast's theme parks, Dreamworld, SeaWorld, Movie World or Wet'n'Wild, they are all within easy reach with bus stops near the resort. If adrenalin is what you are after then head for the centre of Surfers Paradise for the Banzai Bungey, Sling Shot or Flycoaster. When night falls, the vibrant nightlife Surfers Paradise is famous for takes over. Bars and nightclubs come alive and the streets fill with people. If you want to enjoy a spot of shopping, Surfers Paradise offers everything from top-end designers to outlet bargain shops and beachfront markets. BreakFree Moroccan Resort is a great accommodation choice for families and couples right in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Breakfree Moroccan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moroccan Resort Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Breakfree Moroccan Resort Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise