“peace in the middle of the buzz”

Marrakesh Resort Apartments
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed at the Marrakesh apartment for the first time. It was more than we could expect. Very reasonable priced with a breakfast voucher included. Very clean, extremely quiet, (booked out) sooo caring staff and an all round excellent experience. The restaurant had excellent food at breakfast and optional dinner with every day specials. Never over priced and a hub to meet your fellow hotel mates. Want to have an excellent Surfers stay? This is the place to go. Will go there again. Thanks to all the staff at the Marrakesh. Andrea and Gerold

Room Tip: Agoda was our choice of booking. Hotel chose room for us.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andrea m
There are newer reviews for Marrakesh Resort Apartments

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights and have stayed at least 6 times before so you can tell how much we love the place. Beautifully presented property very clean great apartments everything you could want. There is a bus stop outside but very easy walking distance to Surfers main beach and also Broadbeach. The restaurant has great food and the fluffy ducks cocktails are also very nice. The indoor and outdoor pools are brilliant. The ocean view rooms are very special with the look over the gardens. Also we think it is great value for money to have all these facility's. The roof top patio is awesome it has 360 degrees views. The staff are fantastic and we look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynne m
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lovely clean apartment. Great having cooking, washing machine and clothes dryer facilities in room.
Downside was having to buy internet time.
The indoor pool and spa I loved, but our last 2-3 days this area was closed. We still had an outside pool and spa which was fine.
Rooms are only serviced every 8 days, but shops are not that far away.to get necessities.
We walked to Cavill Mall most days as had friends there, a great walk along the beach,
A stunning part of the world

Room Tip: Above 4th floor for a view of the sra
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have stayed at the Marrakesh twice and both times I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Apartments are comfy and clean with nice beds, an adequate kitchenette and other facilities you may need (washing machine, ironing board and cutlery). The bus stop to and from the airport and most of the theme parks is right outside the front gate, a ten minute walk to Broadbeach with lovely bars and restaurants and a 15 minute walk to Surfers Paradise. Pool is beautiful and there’s also some BBQs by the pool and on the roof top. A short walk to the beach. Couldn’t ask for much more from an apartment/location!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the third time in a year I've stayed a few nights at the beautiful Marrakesh Resort, and I keep coming back because I know it has everything I want in a resort.

1. It's pretty quiet and generally I don't hear other guests at all, apart from some occasional noise through the ceiling from apartments above, but I find this happens in most of the places I've stayed.

2. It's always clean and pretty comfortable. The couches aren't perfect, and could do with something that would stop the cushions sliding out, but they do the job.

3. It's fully self-contained, so I can cook, clean up, and even do a load of washing all from my apartment. They also generously provide one pack of dishwashing powder, dishwashing liquid, and laundry liquid. So, if you are only staying a few nights, this is often enough to get by. If not, I'd bring some of these with you. I also find the dishwashers, washing machines, etc... are modern and work well.

4. Location and facilities are top notch
It's within short walking distance of one of the world's greatest beaches, so a swim at a patrolled beach is always an option.
The pool and spa are amazing, and make relaxing easy!
The restaurant is fantastic, with many specials through the week. The staff at the restaurant are also brilliant, very friendly, helpful, and professional.
The only suggestion I'd make is to remove the plastic sheeting around the restaurant so the pool view could be enjoyed, and maybe lose the Michael Bolton from the music rotation : )

5. Beautiful views of the Surfer's Paradise skyline are available from all the units I've stayed in. Last time I had a pool view apartment, and this was pretty cool. This time I was at the very front of the building and if possible I'd say avoid these as the noise from regular buses was annoying. It was still a very pleasant stay though!

6. Reception staff are always helpful, polite, and professional, though note they shut up at 4:30pm! I arrived at 4:35pm on check in day, but the phone service was able to help me out, so there was no problem accessing my apartment.

All in all, a great place to stay, for a great price! I'll be back!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Wookiee76
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were pretty impressed with these apartments. Even though we were only on the second floor the tropical foliage made for a nice atmosphere when sitting on the balcony. The apartments were clean, spacious and had all the amenities - the washer and dryer were handy. The 2 pools, 2 spas and and sauna were also clean and great for relaxing in (especially the outside one). Staff were friendly and the $10 breakfast voucher deal was excellent value for good food. Location was fantastic - 20 minute walk to both Broadbeach and Cavill Ave, and the theme park and airport buses stop right out the front. We would come back :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I loved our first visit to the Marrakesh in 2012 and gave it rave reviews. Our Christmas 2013 visit was a very different story. The manager David was rude and aggressive and overcharged us by $450 for our 5 night stay. Very underhanded - didn't honor the internet special that we booked under and no receipt given, which is illegal. I discovered the overcharge quite by accident when I checked my bank statement. Dept of Fair Trading currently investigating. No holiday is worth being cheated and abused by management. Consider this fair warning! Watch out!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family