“Excellent Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mantra Wings
Kuala Lumpur
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

We loved the 2 bedroom apartments here ! Our flight from Kuala Lumpur arrived late night. By the time we checked into the apartment, it was close to 2am. Someone waited for us at the registration counter to hand us the keys.

With our 2 sleepy boys and luggage in tow, we were pleasantly suprised at how clean & spacious the aprtment was. Rooms were lovely. Kitchen was complete. The welcome pack Wings provided (incl detergent and diswashing liquid) was enough to last us the 4 days.

Location was great ! About 3 minutes from the bus stop.

Our flight to Kuala Lumpur took off at 11pm. Since we had to check out at noon, the staff kindly allowed us to store our large suitcases in their office until we left for the airport.

Definately recommend this place for families.

• Liked — Spacious rooms, classy place.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank Not2fussed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Papamoa, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Breakfree Wings for six nights in late July.

We arrived after check-in was closed and after wrestling with the safe box I managed to get our room key out and we were in.

the complimentary secure parking we received was a nice surprise and made life really easy as there was loads of space and we could park where we liked which was right by the lifts!

Our one bedroom apartment was on the 4th floor on the south side of the building which was probably the most disappointing thing about the whole experience, as the apartment didn't get any sun and was facing the Gold Coast Highway.

I would still recommend this property but ask for an apartment on a high floor or on the north side of the building

The apartment itself was really big with modern decor and fittings. It was also very clean and tidy.

Heating/cooling was from a heat pump in the living area. It was a bit noisy and would only go as low as 20 degrees celcius but this may change in summer.

The kitchen had everything you needed including storage containers for flour, sugar etc.

The bathroom was huge and had a double sink which was handy. There was also a washing machine and dryer in there.

The bedroom was big enough with a large walk through wardrobe to the bathroom. The bed was two singles zipped together but for my husband and I used to our pocket spring bed it was perfect as I could toss and turn and not annoy him.

There was a reasonable size balcony with a table and chairs which in the heat of summer would be nice if it wasn't for the constant flow of traffic outside.

We did check out the recreational facilities and they looked fine. There are four bbqs there for guests use with outdoor table and chairs. The pool also has lots of lovely padded sun loungers around it.

We also went to the restaurant downstairs and the food and service where great. If you are a beer drinker then this is the place for you as the selection was pretty amazing.

There is a Thai restaurant down the road towards Surfers Paradise that did beautiful food and is BYO. Also the pizza place, Romeos, just a little bit further in the same direction does great takeway pizza and ribs.

• Liked — large room and parking
  • Disliked — location right on gold Coast highway
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank Lottie1
Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days for our Honeymoon in March 2006. The hotel was lovely, very modern, clean, comfortable and MASSIVE! We had a balcony overlooking the ocean, we requested a view when booking as we were on our honeymoon. The only negative thing was that we had a weird bed - it was 2 single king beds joined together by a mattress protector. We could feel the join in it which was a bit uncomfortable. But everything else was LOVELY!

Stayed March 2006
3 Thank kitty_kat_perth
Northern NSW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2006

Our three bedroom apartment must have been designed by a male because the two bathrooms were grouped together rather than the second queen bedroom having an en suite. Only shampoo and soap were supplied, (no other toiletories) and a hair dryer was 'by request'! Pool towels were not available and we were told to use the bath towels provided . Our toaster did not work and a replacement was sought and provided the second day
We were on the 11th floor facing North but still received a lot of highway noise.
The staff were on the whole pleasant, the apartment was clean and the kitchen well provided, but we propably will not stay again.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank bligh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2006

Hmmmmmmm At the time of this writing, this property currently rates as the number ONE rated hotel at Surfers Paradise. Which SHOCKS me... I stayed here for a week from March 3rd to the 10th and while I had a wonderful stay in a lovely apartment, I'd hardly say this is the best hotel in Surfers Paradise... heck, not even close... This is not even beach front.

Okay... I arrived.... easy friendly check-in, I was on the third floor, which allows for NO PRIVACY from the outside and I had to keep my curtains closed most of the time. My one bedroom unit was nicely decorated and was very large. The bathrooms are lovely and well appointed, as was the full kitchen. The grounds are lovely and it was a easy 5 minute walk to the beach. At first I was very concerned about my location... then I noticed some units face a petrol station and then others face a very very busy roadway.

Another odd thing... When you exit the elevator on your floor... there are 5 units to the left and the same to the right. There are gaps under the doors, so the noise in the hallways can be somewhat shocking, not to mention the smell of people cooking all kinds of foods. Makes for a interesting entry into your unit. Although, with all that noise in the hall, I found my room to be fairly quiet, I did though place a towel under the front door to try to block the noise. Also, the living room has AC, but the bedroom oddly didn't... but I found if I just left the AC on all day, the apartment stayed nice and cool.

Anyway, I enjoyed my stay... and loved my apartment, but would have prefered it being on a higher floor. Being on the third floor affords NO PRIVACY AT ALL! And I was right above the entryway, so I could hear everyone coming and going. odd setup... but a nice place for a week stay exploring the Gold Coast. Would I consider it the FINEST on the Gold Coast???? NO WAY... NOT EVEN CLOSE... but still a nice place... but surely not the finest the GC has to offer.

• Stayed March 2006
9 Thank NYC1945
new zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2006

Just come back from the gold coast and stayed at breakfree wings resort, originally booked into another resort but was doubled booked then we upgraded to breakfree wings and this has been the most rewarding place we have ever stayed at, we had a two bedroom apartment which was very very roomy, the staff are very helpful and the kids loved it so much they didn’t want to come home, all furnishings are very modern, stainless steel appliances, clean and tidy. Would recommend to book with a view to the pool. 10 minutes walk to cavill ave surfers paradise and 20 minute walk to pacific fair, we relied on public transport which was right outside the resort and ran every 10 to 15 mimutes. we would have no hesitation in staying here again and recommend to all who are looking for clean, modern, comfortable & tidy.

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank devoe
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2006

People should note that all these Breakfree places - which appear way to affordable to be true - are exactly that - not true, the prices are PER PERSON which is unusual for most hotels - and once they tack on the other charges like 2% for credit cards, parking etc which others dont charge the cheap deals are not what they seem ..

Stayed December 2005