I recently booked one night of accommodation at the 4.5 star Mantra Wings Resort through the Mantra website. I originally booked a one bedroom standard room, and was notified a few days before arrival that I had been upgraded to a two bedroom deluxe room, which I was very impressed with.
I arrived at about 8 p.m. and was greeted by the security guards who advised me that the reception closed at 6 p.m., and they guided me through the process of check in and obtaining my room key.
I went to my room with the friend I was staying with and the room appeared to be in order with no major issues that I could see. Before going to bed that night, I opened the wardrobe in the main bedroom of the room to find that it was full of women's and children's clothing and underwear. I was understandably shocked by this and tried calling reception in the hope it would be diverted to someone who would assist after hours, but there was no answer. I was unsure if this was someone else’s room that I had mistakenly been checked into and this concerned me as I was unsure if housekeeping had even cleaned the room from the previous guest that was staying at the hotel.
To ensure that I was not sleeping in a room that hadn’t been cleaned, I lifted the cover of the bed to find that there were hairs in the bed. This was another shock and something I wouldn't expect in a 4.5 star hotel’s deluxe room.
Unfortunately, as I was unable to get in contact with any management after hours, I slept in the single bed in the second room after I had checked to make sure it was clean and hygienic.
In addition, during my stay at Mantra, the TV in the living room was not functioning, which was not as much of a concern as the unhygienic room that I was provided with. I felt as though I was staying in someone else’s room which horrified me and my fellow guest.
When I checked out at 10:00 a.m. and I advised the front desk agent, of the state of the room, and she apologised for the situation and advised me that she would speak with her manager who could discuss the issue with housekeeping and maintenance.
My stay at Mantra Wings was a nightmare and I found that the description of the hotel on your website is misleading. I have enclosed some photographs I took of the wardrobe and hairs in the bed. The quality of the pictures is not great, but it should be sufficient to provide you with an understanding of how I felt staying in the room. I have never complained about a service before, as I too work in the service industry and understand the constraints people in the industry face, however, after discussing my experience with friends and work colleagues for two weeks about whether I should make a complaint about my experience at Mantra Wings, I decided on their advice that the issue should be brought to the attention of other people looking to stay art Mantra Wings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 300 metres from the rolling surf and two minutes from the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings is close to all the action and one of the most contemporary holiday resort apartment complexes on the Gold Coast. Built on the former site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, the property offers spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments or Two Bedroom Penthouses. All apartments and penthouses feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, air-conditioning, cable TV, internet access, stereo and spacious balconies with views across the Gold Coast and surrounds. Some of our apartments have an indulgent spa bath and this is available on request, however cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively book one of our Two Bedroom Penthouses which all offer spa baths, plasma televisions and stainless steel appliances. The resort features a freeform lagoon style pool and waterfall, private spa grotto, full-size tennis court, fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium, steam room, children's playground, barbeque facilities, porte cochere, grand lobby and secure undercover parking. Located a kilometre from the centre of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings provides access to two of the most popular holiday destinations on the Gold Coast. Parties and excessive noise are not tolerated in apartments. Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 9pm. Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction of the guest/s from the property. Mantra Wings reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *Bookings will only be accepted if made during reception hours* Maintenance Notice: Please note maintenance work is being carried out on the pool decking area and surrounds from 3 May until 2 June 2017. The pool will be closed throughout this time. Mantra Wings management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause and encourages you to take advantage of the beach only 200 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Wings Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise