We chose to stay at the Mantra Wings mainly because of the (generally) glowing reviews and the very reasonable prices. Overall, we were pleased with our stay. The rate paid direct through the website, with Entertainment Book discount, was approximately $450 for 4 nights. This was a great rate considering we received a 2-Bedroom Apartment.
The location is also ideal, being walking distance (maximum of 20 minutes) to most attractions, including Cavill Mall (North) and Jupiters Casino (South). The apartment was very clean, spacious and modern. The service from Reception was also very good. Loved that free parking was fully included in the price. If you are going to the theme parks, public transport is available (and right out front of the Mantra) but hiring your own car is recommended.
A few minor issues. Firstly, the mattress in the main room was pretty uncomfortable. In fairness to Mantra, we did not ask to change rooms. We only discovered the pretty average mattress after we had unpacked, reception had closed and we decided it was not worth the trouble. However, for a 4.5 star establishment, you would expect a far better mattress, particularly one that does not have springs poking in to your back. Disappointing. Secondly, there is a major depot for the Gold Coast Highway Light Rail construction directly across the road. From the (already pretty average) view from our second floor room, the road-works were not entirely pleasant. Again though, in fairness to the Mantra, this is not their fault and the noise is limited to about 8.00am to 4.00pm. I had heard about the road works. As a result, we had requested, when booking months ago, for a higher floor/room wherever possible, but did not receive this. Again, in fairness, we appreciate that not all those who stay can receive a higher floor. Perhaps a discount could be considered for these lower floors - a view is highly cherished in the Gold Coast - but this criticism is not unique to Mantra Wings.
Overall, I almost feel a little bad making these criticism as we genuinely enjoyed our stay. The room was exactly as described (except for the bed), impeccably presented and had all the amenities you could ask for in an apartment. We enjoyed our nights on the balcony overlooking the pool. The pool area is beautiful and wonderfully maintained.
As far as 'value for money' goes, we still consider we got an excellent deal with Mantra. There was only 2 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment and we thought it amazing value. For a family of four - this would be a bargain. My main tip to both potential guests and the Mantra - please consider the Mantra Wings as an option, but perhaps check your mattress (!) - as almost everything else was very good, but having a comfy spot to rest your head at the end of the day is so important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 300 metres from the rolling surf and two minutes from the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings is close to all the action and one of the most contemporary holiday resort apartment complexes on the Gold Coast. Built on the former site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, the property offers spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments or Two Bedroom Penthouses. All apartments and penthouses feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, air-conditioning, cable TV, internet access, stereo and spacious balconies with views across the Gold Coast and surrounds. Some of our apartments have an indulgent spa bath and this is available on request, however cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively book one of our Two Bedroom Penthouses which all offer spa baths, plasma televisions and stainless steel appliances. The resort features a freeform lagoon style pool and waterfall, private spa grotto, full-size tennis court, fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium, steam room, children's playground, barbeque facilities, porte cochere, grand lobby and secure undercover parking. Located a kilometre from the centre of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings provides access to two of the most popular holiday destinations on the Gold Coast. Parties and excessive noise are not tolerated in apartments. Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 9pm. Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction of the guest/s from the property. Mantra Wings reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *Bookings will only be accepted if made during reception hours* Maintenance Notice: Please note maintenance work is being carried out on the pool decking area and surrounds from 3 May until 26 May 2017. The pool will be closed throughout this time. Mantra Wings management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause and encourages you to take advantage of the beach only 200 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Wings Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise