“Good value for money, minor (bedding) flaws.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Wings

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mantra Wings
Adelaide, Australia
“Good value for money, minor (bedding) flaws.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose to stay at the Mantra Wings mainly because of the (generally) glowing reviews and the very reasonable prices. Overall, we were pleased with our stay. The rate paid direct through the website, with Entertainment Book discount, was approximately $450 for 4 nights. This was a great rate considering we received a 2-Bedroom Apartment.

The location is also ideal, being walking distance (maximum of 20 minutes) to most attractions, including Cavill Mall (North) and Jupiters Casino (South). The apartment was very clean, spacious and modern. The service from Reception was also very good. Loved that free parking was fully included in the price. If you are going to the theme parks, public transport is available (and right out front of the Mantra) but hiring your own car is recommended.

A few minor issues. Firstly, the mattress in the main room was pretty uncomfortable. In fairness to Mantra, we did not ask to change rooms. We only discovered the pretty average mattress after we had unpacked, reception had closed and we decided it was not worth the trouble. However, for a 4.5 star establishment, you would expect a far better mattress, particularly one that does not have springs poking in to your back. Disappointing. Secondly, there is a major depot for the Gold Coast Highway Light Rail construction directly across the road. From the (already pretty average) view from our second floor room, the road-works were not entirely pleasant. Again though, in fairness to the Mantra, this is not their fault and the noise is limited to about 8.00am to 4.00pm. I had heard about the road works. As a result, we had requested, when booking months ago, for a higher floor/room wherever possible, but did not receive this. Again, in fairness, we appreciate that not all those who stay can receive a higher floor. Perhaps a discount could be considered for these lower floors - a view is highly cherished in the Gold Coast - but this criticism is not unique to Mantra Wings.

Overall, I almost feel a little bad making these criticism as we genuinely enjoyed our stay. The room was exactly as described (except for the bed), impeccably presented and had all the amenities you could ask for in an apartment. We enjoyed our nights on the balcony overlooking the pool. The pool area is beautiful and wonderfully maintained.

As far as 'value for money' goes, we still consider we got an excellent deal with Mantra. There was only 2 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment and we thought it amazing value. For a family of four - this would be a bargain. My main tip to both potential guests and the Mantra - please consider the Mantra Wings as an option, but perhaps check your mattress (!) - as almost everything else was very good, but having a comfy spot to rest your head at the end of the day is so important.

Room Tip: A higher floor to ensure a view if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike_Adelaide
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Mike_Adelaide,

Thanks so much for your recent posting of some very detailed feedback on our Trip Advisor review site. You have certainly provided some very valid points which I have taken on board.
I have discussed your concerns on the bed with the owner of that particular room - comfort of the bed is paramount for a good stay.
I would like to think from a "value for money" proposition we offer a great resort in a good location so to your comments on that point, thank you.

Thanks once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future, please feel free to contact me direct prior to your next stay and I will ensure we provide you with a room with one of our stunning Ocean Views.

Kerry Gribble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for 5 nights and found it contained everything we needed and was modern, clean, spacious and had an amazing view and balcony area. The washer and dryer were great to have as well as all kitchen equipment. We also had a 6 year old travelling with us who thought the apartment was 'Paradise'. Would recommend staying here again, close to everything and made our trip comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views and our corner apartment had views at the front and side. We were at t...
Dear ttornado,
Thanks so much for your recent review on our Trip Advisor review site, I was pleased to hear you had a comfortable and relaxing stay at our resort, just the way we like it. Keeping our young guests happy is also what we love to do, so if you're 6 year old calls it "Paradise" I could not be happier.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort sometime in the future, please pass on my thanks to your 6 year old for such great feedback.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We've just got back from a week at the Mantra Wings. We had a spacious 3 bedroom appartment on the 6th floor, with a deck and ocean view. We had a rental car and thought the location was great - easy access to Surfers and Broadbeach. Reception staff were very helpful. We made good use of the heated pool and spa area which was perfect for the grandparents and children alike. It was great to have 2 bathrooms although they don't have fans or ventilation. The decor was very dark and tired, and we found some of the basics missing. We had to ask for replacement of 5 lightbulbs and blankets, there was also a few things missing from the kitchen (chopping board, peeler).

We had a great stay, some of the things that were missing should be easy to fix.

2 Thank VCC_22
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear VCC_22, thank you for your recent contribution towards our review site on Trip Advisor, thank you also for your reference with regards to the Resorts great location on the Coast.
I was pleased to see you made good use of the resorts facilities, although I was disappointed to hear about the items that were not in your unit on arrival, please accept my apologies with regards to these errors.

Thanks you again for your feedback, and I hope I can welcome you back to the resort some time in the future.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just got back from the Mantra Wings -2 bedroom suite 12th floor, fantastic large suite, very spacious, beautifully decorated and well equipped, 2 bathrooms - very handy. Wonderful views of the beach and city and great location. Very close to the beach and easy walk to shops, but recommend a rental car to see all the attractions - wide distances to theme parks etc but easy by car. Handy little laundry - washing machine and dryer, so no biggie about only getting 1 set of towels and also brought our own for the beach. Also great to have a dryer on hand.

Small niggles - there is a large glass wall with no blinds from the main bedroom bed to the bathroom and you can see right through to the toilet. Just needs a blind / curtain for privacy.
Also, house keeping forgot to empty the kitchen bin and the microwave didn't heat - faulty.
But the hotel and suite were really fantastic and we'll definitely come back.
Highly recommend this hotel, wish we were still there! :o)

Room Tip: Ask for a room 12th floor and higher with views of the beach, fantastic!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sea G
Dear Sea G, thankyou for your recent contribution to our Trip Advisor review site, I was pleased to read your wonderful feedback on our facilities and location.
I was equally disappointed to hear of the lack of consistency in housekeeping, and I would ask that you accept my apologies with regards to these issues.

I hope you come back to the Gold Coast soon, as I would certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.

Thanks once again.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have just returned home after staying at the Mantra Wings for 2 nights following ahectic week in Brisbane with our Under 16 Netball team. We were all extremely excited when we walked into our apartments, they were fantastic. We had everything we needed, the service was fantastic and the girls loved the pool. Thank yu and we would certainly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Julie W, thankyou for your contribution towards our Trip Advisor Review website.
I was pleased to hear that your team enjoyed their stay at the Resort earlier in the month after what seems like a busy week in Brisbane beforehand, I also hope the tournament was a success for your team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your team members families back to the resort some time in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have just returned after staying here over the Marathon weekend. Easy online booking, able to check in early, thank you Melissa. Good two bedroom appartment, plenty of amenities at the resort, only problem was the Day Spa was closed, could have used a massage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2500george1
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear 2500george1,

Thanks very much for your review on our Trip Advisor site covering your stay over Gold Coast Marathon weekend.
I was pleased to hear you had a great stay and that you made use of the resort facilities. I take it from your reference to the Day Spa you ran in the marathon so Congratulations it is indeed a great achivement. We are certainly hoping that the owner of the Day Spa will have it leased out shortly as the facility would certainly be welcomed by our guests.

Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our first time to Goldcoast and thought we would try Mantra for its location, We were a little disappointed with where our toom was as there is alot of road works where our room wax and being on the 3rd floor wasnt great, we werent told that they didnt do servicing of the rooms unless you stayed more than 8 nights and there was also a no party policy fee which we didnt know about
either so that was disappointing as these things arent on there website, the couchs were very uncomfortable so sat on the floor and they were very faded..does need a update. The rest of the room was great, loved the 2 basins and the storage was great, not sure if we would stay there again. The location is great, handy to town, beach and buses. The receptionist Melissa was fantastic, a very helpful lady who made us feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa H
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Lisa H,
Thank you for your recent contribution to our Trip Advisor review site, I was disappointed to read your review and there are several issues that certainly concern me. Could I ask you to contact me directly so I can obtain more details on these issues. The information on the website you have accessed clearly needs updating so I would like to take care of that urgently.

Whilst we do advise of a no party policy that is in place for all residents & guests in the resort to ensure that everyone can enjoy a peaceful time there is certainly no fee associated with the policy.

Thank you for your comments on Melissa which I will ensure she gets to read, I am pleased to hear she made you feel welcome.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing more information so I can improve our services.

Genral Manager