We stayed here during the Christmas school holidays and honestly it was a total disappointment. After initially entering the room we were mortified with its condition. Stains on the carpet, outdated furniture, rusty air con unit, roadwork/highway views... definitely not what the pictures portrayed. We raised the concerns with reception and were shows a practically identical room on another level. Again we raised the concerns and were ushered up to a beach view room, which was something quite different and more representative if the website images. In saying that the staff should be commended with the way that they handled the concern.
Our total stay was 7 nights. Not once were we brought fresh towels, laundry powder or dish washing liquid, rather we were provided with 2 satchels of each, 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom for the stay. Very different from our stays at other mantra's. The bedding was uncomfortable, spare blankets required airing as were completely dusty and unusable.
There was no mention of heavy road work and construction being completed in the area and we were woken each morning at 7am by the beeping of reversing heavy machinery.
Given our previous stays in mantra hotels we expected better. We had previously stayed at the mantra circle on Caville and Mantra Ettalong beach and honestly this could not even compare. Granted this establishment is older, however the price and images should reflect this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 300 metres from the rolling surf and two minutes from the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings is close to all the action and one of the most contemporary holiday resort apartment complexes on the Gold Coast. Built on the former site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, the property offers spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments or Two Bedroom Penthouses. All apartments and penthouses feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, air-conditioning, cable TV, internet access, stereo and spacious balconies with views across the Gold Coast and surrounds. Some of our apartments have an indulgent spa bath and this is available on request, however cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively book one of our Two Bedroom Penthouses which all offer spa baths, plasma televisions and stainless steel appliances. The resort features a freeform lagoon style pool and waterfall, private spa grotto, full-size tennis court, fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium, steam room, children's playground, barbeque facilities, porte cochere, grand lobby and secure undercover parking. Located a kilometre from the centre of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings provides access to two of the most popular holiday destinations on the Gold Coast. Parties and excessive noise are not tolerated in apartments. Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 9pm. Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction of the guest/s from the property. Mantra Wings reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *Bookings will only be accepted if made during reception hours* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Wings Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise