“Friendly staff, would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mantra Wings

Mantra Wings
“Friendly staff, would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We recently stayed for a week at Mantra Wings in a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment. We had gorgeous views of the river and hinterland and glorious sunsets, as well as some ocean views.
The apartment was very well appointed and clean, spacious, and nicely furnished.
Our family enjoyed the proximity to the beach, as it's just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
We also made good use of the heated pool and spa, the children's playground and even the tennis court. And my husband even found some time to use the well-equipped gym.
We found the staff - the front office girls, the GM, the cleaners and security staff- extremely friendly and helpful.
If there was anything which this hotel lacked, it would be that it's just a bit too far to walk to either Surfers Paradise centre or Broadbeach (particularly with young children) and that there are no coffee shops or places to have breakfast within easy walking distance.
Overall, it's a wonderful place for families, and we were made to feel very welcome. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Lmjensen,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort, I agree the Hinterland side of the resort does receive great sunsets across the river with the mountain range as the backdrop.
I am glad to see you made great use of the facilities as we do pride ourselves on being well set up for families.
Unfortunately the benefit of being outside of the noisy Surfers precinct does impact on our proximity to the Restauraunts available however over time more and more restaurants are opening in the area which is great for our guests.
Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Kerry Gribble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Mooroopna North, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well what a great time we had at the Mantra Wings spacious neat and tidy
All staff very helpful cannot wait to return in 2014
Pool and Spa was great.
Would be good if they had a games room
It was nice to return to spacious room after a hard day at the parkes
My niece and nephew loved the gym and I like they way staff talked to the kids
Staff were great with directions if I needed them

Room Tip: People with small child would pay them to get rooms on the south side and on the lower floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Tracey W,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort, "fantastic & friendly" is certainly the evironment we like to create here at the resort. We are very much family friendly so I appreciate your suggestions and thoughts on our facilties.

I look forward to having you back at the resort in 2014.

Thanks once again..

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for a week with family (2 teenagers) Room was great size and nice ocean views (could see the whales passing), pool/fountain splash drowned the local noise. After reading many other comments about GC, if you're staying here expect some noise! Our apartment was spacious clean & very good condition. Situated in middle between Cavill Ave & Broadbeach its a 15-20 minute walk to either way, Very close to Northcliffe SLSC & patrolled surf beach. Preferred Broadbeach eateies. Staff were always frendly & helpful and always attentive to keeping the place neat & tidy. Complex has tennis, gym, steam room, spa & great pool area & BBQ's. Overall we had a great stay & would highly recommend the Mantra Wings complex.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated ocean view room at confirmation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Griggster22,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort, the team here certainly work hard to ensure we keep all the facilities and rooms in good condition. I was also pleased to see that you would recommend our resort to your friends, please feel free to tell all of your friends about the great time they will have at our resort.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you back some time in the future.

Lower Hutt City, Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Got lucky with check in near 12pm. Room reasonably clean - a dtain on the carpet but no big thing. A little disappointing that the room was overlooking the highway - level 2 - and there was roadworks going most of the week. Also that the beds were singles but who needs sleep when your on holiday.

In between Surfers and Broadbeach a bit of hike without a car but no biggie. Not a fan of the wifi option for hotel so recommend bringing a broadband stick if you want good internet.

Was also surprised that the apartments were not serviced so maybe a bit more notice on the website would be appreciated. Can get gears like towels, laundry powder, etc before arriving.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wesley T
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Wesley T,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

In reviewing your feedback I was concerned to hear that you were not aware our units were self contained, our Resort website does indicate this but I would appreciate you letting me know how you booked so I can ensure the appropriate information is on all our booking channels. Please note we do provide a servce for all bookings of 8 or more nights.

I agree the roadworks for the Light Rail can at times create a lot of noise however I am happy to advise that the worst of the inital Light Rail construction work is over and we are just waiting for the completion of the streetscaping to be completed in the next few weeks.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you back at the resort some time in the future.

Taranaki New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a week at Mantra Wings. The apartment was very spacious, clean and tidy. The staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful, nothing was to much trouble for them. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone, We would definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nerida B
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Nerida B,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort and was equally pleased to see that you would recommend our resort to your friends, please feel free to tell all of your friends about the great time they will have at our resort.

Otorohanga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just come back from a wonderful week at the Mantra Wings. I travelled with my 81 year old parents and found the apartment perfect for our needs. We had a two bedroom on the 10th floor looking out towards the sea. It had a balcony that ran the width of the apartment and had everything that we required. A true home away from home with full kitchen and laundry facilities and two bathrooms in our two bedroom apartment. Car parking was supplied in the basement and the complex was very secure. There currently is a lot of roadworks in the Surfers area, but we did not find this a problem. The girls in reception were very friendly and helpful. The only fault I would have is the Mantra book in the room was a bit out of date, eg. reception hours being different in weekends to what they actually are.

Room Tip: On reading other reviews, I requested a room on the ocean side and found this to be perfect, however...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shirley F
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear ShirleyF,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort and was equally pleased to see you felt it to be a home away from home as this is just the envoronment we like to create at the resort. The Light Rail can at times create issues accessing the unit but I am happy to advise that the worst of the inital Light Rail construction work is scheduled to be complete by the end of this month (August) at which time the construction will move north.

I note your comment about the compendiums, which have been under review and just yesterday I have ordered new & updated compendiums which will be in place in a couple of weeks.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you back to your home away from home some time in the future.

Timaru, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Asked for room with ocean view before arriving (when your on holiday for a week, you want an ocean view).........on arrival ended up on roadside of Hotel. Woke on and off every night due to 24 hour road works. Asked at desk if we could change to other side since we would be there for a week (huge hotel and there were many free rooms available) but told no and none available ????? believe me this place is huge and we know there were MANY free rooms. Asked if we could have earplugs to use at night. Told no, none available???? Asked about towels and toilet paper as only had one each and told $2.00 if wanting extra towels and 50cents a roll if we ran out of toiletpaper???? As we were cold the first night didnt want to even bother to ask for another blanket, so I caught the cleaners in the hallway cleaning a room with OCEAN VIEW and asked if I could get one off the trolley, which they gave willingly.
So NO would not stay there again. Would be best to NOT book online and rather go personally to Hotels when you get to Gold Coast. If booking online ASK and get email confirmation of room with view of ocean if that is what you want. Also pay to throw a few extra towels in your bag if wanting to use swimming pool/spa etc. You dont want to be washing towels etc when your meant to be relaxing :o). Apart from this, rooms were nice and spacious but bring EARPLUGS if on the wrong side of Hotel. Only one Thai restaurant within 5min walk otherwise walk about 10-15min into Surfers. Roadworks meant to continue for next 18months the locals tell me.

Room Tip: Make sure you have OCEAN VIEW and confirmation in email or writing. Book on arrival and not online...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank warriorwolfess
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Julie H

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was disapointed to read your review of the recent stay in our resort, and whilst I admit the Light Rail construction has accelerated around the resort area in the last few weeks, the worst of this construction work is due to be complete by the end of next month, at which time the construction teams will move north.

On arrival all units are equiped with a welcome pack of amenities (towels, toiletries, tea & coffee etc), these amenities are supplied by the resort to assist guests through just their first couple of days.,

It would seem the lack of Ocean view rooms during your stay has disapointed you and for that I must apologise, unfortunately on this occassion we could not accommodate your requests. Whilst the Resort has 122 Units many of them are occupied by Owners & Permanent Residents and so whilst it seems like we have a lot of units to choose from that can often depend on our Occupancy.

I would welcome you to contact me personally before your next stay so I can try to accommodate you in one of our units on the Ocean side of the Resort as you have requested.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you back to the Resort some time in the future. I can be contacted on 07 5527 5777.