We stayed in the Breakfree Wings on our recent holiday to the Gold Coast. We had been for a short trip the previous year and loved the facilities and location so we went back again.
This time we had a deluxe one bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and a spa on one of the top floors as the standard bedrooms were sold out. The room was spacious, had cable, air conditioning, lots of wardrobe and cupboard space.
The location is not right on the beach, but the views from our apartment were great (see the attached picture). Located 10 minutes walk from busy Surfers Paradise and 15 minutes walk from the lovely restaurants at Broadbeach, it is a great walking distance from most places, although the bus stop is right outside if you don’t want to walk. The pool, BBQ and tennis court are clean and always well maintained and the gym seemed well equipped but we did not use it while we were there.
The only downsides I found was that the air vent in the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned with months of dust caked on and on Friday and Saturday nights you could hear the monotonous bass beats from the restaurant below. Other than that, the apartment was spotless when we arrived and reception was very friendly and helpful.
When we go back to the Gold Coast, we will stay at Breakfree wings again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 300 metres from the rolling surf and two minutes from the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings is built on the former site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, the property offers spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments or Two Bedroom Penthouses. Some of our apartments have an indulgent spa bath and this is available on request, however cannot be guaranteed. The resort features a lagoon style pool and waterfall, private spa grotto, full-size tennis court, fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium, steam room, children's playground, barbeque facilities, porte cochere, grand lobby and secure undercover parking. Parties and excessive noise are not tolerated in apartments. Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 9pm. Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction of the guest/s from the property. Mantra Wings reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *Bookings will only be accepted if made during reception hours* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Wings Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise