“Good place to stay”

Mantra Wings
Auckland
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

After reading reviews here, we requested a high up room, facing away from GC highway, and I pushed my luck and asked for a spa bath... we got all of our requests and had 6 nights in a lovely two bed apartment on 13th floor (any higher would have been penthouse!). We had everything we needed, including a fully kitted out kitchen (not that I was going to cook on holiday, but could have if needed!).

Only negative was lack of variety of places to eat within easy walking distance, it is about 15 mins walk from central Surfers and perhaps 20 mins walk to Broadbeach. Not a big problem with a rental car or for those without small children.

The pizza takeout place just up the road is fab! Was a shame to see the restaurant was closed that had previously occupied a ground floor area of the hotel.

Hotel facilities are good, nice big pool, bbq areas, tennis courts and gym.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Jubjub1968,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort, it is always nice to be able to meet all of a guests requests and it certainly seems like we have been able to accommodate them on this ocassion. Whilst the likes of Broadbeach & Surfers Paradise are 15 minutes walk we do have many Restaurants in the local area, The Reception team would be happy to point some of them out to you next time you are staying at our Resort. Whilst the Restauraant on site is not linked to the Hotel in anyway and has been closed for some time we certainly hope it will be open some time in the not too distant future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you back to the Resort some time in the future.

Kerry Gribble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We booked a 2 night stay over the Internet and I was a little dubious when I saw that it was a "schoolie's" property, I expected to see a run down poorly maintained unit. To our surprise we checked in to one of the best maintained apartments on the Gold Coast. The apartment was spacious with a great King size bed, 2 bathrooms ( one with single person spa) full size kitchen including dishwasher and a washer and dryer. The ocean view was fantastic and although this property is on the Gold Coast Highway, we had no road noise. The only draw back is that the property isn't located close to any eateries so we had to drive to dinner each night.
Ask for a room as high as possible and as far from the Highway as possible. All rooms have great ocean views.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Xlcobra
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Xicobra,

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort, it is always nice to be pleasantly surprised. It was great to be able to accommodate you so comfortably in your spacious Ocean vIew unit.
Whilst the likes of Broadbeach & Surfers Paradise are 15 minutes walk we do have several Restaurants in the local area, The Reception team would be happy to point some of them out to you next time you are staying at our Resort

New Zealand
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We recently had a week at the Mantra Wings- It was my mum and I and we had a really lovely 1 bedroom apartment on the 11th floor. Beautiful sunny apartment with oceanviews. Clean and very spacious. 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom apartment was a awesome feature for us, as I like to sleep in a bit longer than mum, she could get up shower etc and I wouldnt even know.
Wee bit of noise from the construction but all in all a wonderful stay. Cant wait to go back!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear kiwi_OE

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort. It was great to be able to accommodate you so spaciously in your unit and the Ocean Views are certainly great from that level.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future.

Alexandra, New Zealand
Reviewed June 11, 2012

As we arrived about 8pm reception was closed so waited a few minutes for phone to be answered and we were given instructions where to find our key. Our apartment was a pleasant surprise, very spacious, and clean with a lovely Super king bed. However our friends arrived in their apartment to find there was no power. After a ring to management and locating the fuse box in the dark, this was rectified and we settled in. The weather was cool and the heat pump in our lounge would not work on heating, however the bedroom one was heating so decided just to use this one. Our request to replace a bulb in the kitchen was acted on very quickly, however our request for a can opener was ignored. After three days our power went off and upon calling reception, someone was sent up immediately, but once power was restored our bedroom heat pump no longer worked, these could not be fixed immediately so we were relocated to another room, as we were no longer on the same level as our friends, staff made sure we had access to each others floor.
The rooms were very noisy due to the close proximity to the highway and this was not helped by the 24h/day roadworks going on.
We enjoyed our stay at the Mantra, although we did not have the weather to hang out at the pool, and another time would probably try to stay somewhere a little off the highway due to the noise.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room on the ocean side, as this is further away from the roadworks, however d...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Lynda084

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of the recent stay in our resort. It was great to be able to accommodate you so comfortably in our spacious units. My apologies for the Maintenance issues that occurred during your stay, however I am pleased to see for the most part that these were rectified in a timely fashion.

I would welcome you to contact me personally before your next stay so I can accommodate you in one of our units on the other side of the Resort, I am sure you would find this side a lot quieter.

mysore
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

My experience on this compared to other mantra's is terrible. Beautiful view from the room and specious. But the greatest problem was no help from the staff for anything. I would reccommend this place highly for one nights only.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank zeetu30
Dear Zeetu30

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was disappointed to read your review as we pride ouselves on the service we provide our guests, I would welcome a call from yourself so I can further understand the concerns you had. You can contact me on 07 5527 5777.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor. Had a nice corner apartment with ocean view. apartment was beautiful, clean, well presented & very functional. The twin beds were a little too close for comfort as they were made separate but pushed together! was easily fixed though by moving bedsides and separating beds. Would definitely stay here again maybe even with the kids!

Room Tip: ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Ryben01

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of the recent stay in our resort. It was great to be able to accommodate you so comfortably in your unit. You make a very valid point with regards to the beds and I will be sharing that with the housekeeping team

The resort is also well suited to families so we would welcome you back with your kids.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend and found it great! We were only expecting a smaller room for couples but it was a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms. The room was not on the ocean side, so we did have constant traffic noise but it wasn't disturbing at all because we closed all the external windows and doors. It would've been good to be able to let fresh air in, but that wasn't a big issue. The apartment was fully equipped with a dishwasher, full size fridge, washing machine, dryer and most utensils for cooking that you would need. The beach is a short walk away about 150m and you only have to cross one smaller road. I'd stay here again, but would rather a room on the ocean side. We arrived early too and our room was ready so we didn't have to wait for the extra hour till check in time which was great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear NIcko6425

Many thanks for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of the recent stay in our resort. It was great to see we were able to accomodate your early arrival so you could enjoy more of our facilities and service. Whilst an ocean view is often requested, unfortunately we are not always able to meet this request, I will certainly do all I can to fulfil this request on your next visit.