“Big improvement”
Review of Mantra Wings

Mantra Wings
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have stayed at Mantra wings in the past which has had its ups and downs. But I must now admit that this resort is improving with time. As always reception was very friendly and always helpful. My room was clean and tidy. I found that the pool and BBQ area was spotless which was a improvement from my last visit. The management are doing a great job and its good to see that one of my favourite resorts is well maintained and even improving with time. Once again I am happy to return as well as recommend this resort to friends and colleagues

Room Tip: High Floor away from road noise
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Colegate85
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2011

Dear Colegate85,

Many thanks for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to here that your return stay to Mantra Wings was well received and that you noticed an improvement. We are always working on areas of our operation that need improvement and the best measure of this is when a returning and loyal guest of Mantra Wings makes comments such as you have.

Thank you also for your comments on the friendliness and helpfulness of the Staff as it is certainly something we pride ourselves on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property sometime in the future.

Regards
Kerry Gribble

There are newer reviews for Mantra Wings

Reviewed November 1, 2011

After being impressed on my first holiday in mantra wings, my girlfriend and I decided we would stay again last week.
On arrival we were sad to find that none of our requests had been met, for example a ocean side room preferrably higher up in the building, but we recieved a low room just above the excruciating noise of the highway, which is currently surrounded in roadwork.
We decided not to complain because we arrived after 5, therefore reception was closed.
Other complaints include the airconditioner not working and the spa being out of order.
My advice is that if you must stay at Mantra Wings, ensure a ocean view room at all costs.

Room Tip: west-sided rooms are the way to go
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jonathan M
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Jonathan M,

Thank you for posting comments with Trip Advisor,

Firstly my apologies for not being able to accommodate your requests, we do receive many requests (particularly "High Ocean Veiw") and are not always able to meet these.
Whilst the noise of the roadwork team creating Gold Coast first Light Rail is disappointing it is ultimately out of our hands, however where possible when guests contact reception on this issue we are re-allocating to the other side of the Resort.
Finally my apologies for the items that were not in working order when you arrived.

Once again thankyou for taking the time to comment on your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Wings some time in the future and if you contact me prior I shall ensure we do the very best to meet your High Floor Ocean Veiw.

Kerry Gribble

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I really enjoyed staying at the mantra wings in the 2 bedroom apartment. I got it at a discounted price of 180 a night. Room was nice although it has by far the worst and most discusting embarrassing lounge. Other than that its a great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2011
MantraWings, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Nibbles02

Thank you for posting your comments with Trip Advisor. With each of the apartments individually owned, it is your feedback that not only provides us, as the operator the opportunity to improve our facilities but to also have the owners understand the expectation of our guests. Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit the Gold Coast.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I absolutely loved staying at Mantra Wings, I loved our apartment room 1306, we all found it amusing in the lift that there was actually a 13th floor. I have stayed at Gold Coast numerous times but would have to say that this is the best accommodation I have stayed in on the Gold Coast and the best time I have ever had staying there. Our apartment was fabulous, I luved opening the curtains in the morning and lying in bed watching the ocean, people walking along the beach and the beautiful sunrises. My daughter and I had a massage in the Mantra Spa and it was fantastic and half price on Tues and Thursday and they fitted us both in at minimum notice. There is secure carparking so was thankful for that. The only negative that I have is we arrived on a Sunday and was not told previously that they only opened till 2pm, we got there at 12 oclock and was told that the room was not ready and to come back at 2pm which we understand totally the receptionist an older lady said that she would call us when the room was ready well lucky I did not wait around for that phone call cause I would be still waiting as she never rang, whilst we were out in the foyer because the front doors were locked she drove past us in the car looked at us and never even bothered to say what we had to do, I had to call Mantra WIngs myself to see how we get checked in, I thought this was absolutely terrible customer service she should have told us that they close at 2.00pm and what we had to do. Thankyou to the gentleman who worked at Mantra who came and let us in and gave us a trolley to get our stuff up the lift it was very appreciated. All in all this was a fantastic place to stay, close to everything, beach, restaurants, I could have just stayed in that room for ever, thankyou and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MantraWings, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Dear Storm

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and i am pleased that your expectations of our resort facilities & accommodation were exceeded. I acknowledge your comments on your check-in and look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Wings in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed overnight on 29/8 in 2 bed 2 bath apartment, (1308) very nicely appointed and excellent views. TV was not working when we turned it on in the evening. Called reception and the manager was there in about 3 minutes. Although he is of course not a tv specialist, he was very pleasant and tried tirelessly to make it work, getting bits from other rooms and went to get another cable and remote in order to try to get it working on digital channels instead of Austar. While he was out of the room I discovered that the cable was damaged and I was able to cobble it together to make it work. The manager arrived back bearing lots more bits, and noting that it was working took all the other bits back and replaced them. He also said he would get it fixed next day to avoid anybody else having problems. Having seen on trip advisor that someone else had problems and would not stay there again, I would advise that the manager went above and beyond the call of duty to help us. We would not have bothered if it was unfixable, but were very happy with the effort that was put in to assist. 10 Brownie Points for the Mantra Wings, we'll come again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MantraWings, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Joe, Carol and James

Thank you for your comments and I certainly appreciate your acknowledgement of our efforts to assist. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comforts of your apartment and I hope to welcome you back when you next visit the Gold Coast.

Keith gallagher

Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel is positioned within walking distance to the main area. It took about 20 minutes to walk to the shops... The beach is just a hop away from the hotel. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and nice. The rooms were spacious, clean and self-contained. The pool & spa were terrific. There were also a couple of bbqs which were clean. We had a great time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
MantraWings, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Smoochiep

Thank you for posting your feeback with Trip Advisor. It was great to read that our facilities and the team at Mantra Wings were able to make your stay a memorable one. We now look forward to welcoming you back when you next decide to holiday in Surfers Paradise.

Keith gallagher

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in early July. The apartment was amazing with great facilities and loads of space. The pool, spa and gym were great and staff were friendly and helpful. Its a 10 minute walk to the main Surfers shopping centre and 2 minutes to the beach. Highly recommended and will stay there again next time we go to the Gold Coast.

Room Tip: Higher up facing the sea are best
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
MantraWings, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Tuari

Thank you for the positive feedback and I will forward your compliments to our team. We are certainly pleased that we were able to contriute to an enjoyable holdiay experience and we would be pleased to welcome you back when you next decide to visit the Gold Coast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 16 in Broadbeach

Been to Mantra Wings? Share your experiences!