Our stay at Breakfree Wings was for 10 nights in a 'Deluxe One Bedroom Apartment' on the 7th floor.
My husband & I were celebrating our 1st Wedding Anniversary (and I was 5 months pregnant) and it was a fantastic stay.
The rooms are amazing. So modern, spacious and containing everything you could possibly need during your stay.
We fell in love with the kitchen! (want one like it in our house now haha) Complete with two round sinks, dishwasher, full sized fridge/freezer, microwave and oven/stove top. We had two bathrooms, one ensuite with an awesome huge shower and one off the lounge containing the spa bath/shower and laundry facilities. We had a king sized bed and a huge walk-in waredrobe in our room! Nice lounge/dining area with TV & Stereo. Plenty of storage space. Air con in the bedroom and lounge area and a nice big balcony.
Our room had the "Hinterland View" which is also above the Gold Coast Highway. While it can get quite noisy, if you close the balcony doors it blocks alot of the noise out.
Pink Poodle have a lovely $12 lunch menu which they miraculously can have ready in 10 minutes from when you place your order!! They were so quick and delicious. Day Spa downstairs is lovely and convenient. Pool, BBQ Area & Tennis Court are great!
You can walk everywhere locally from this location which we did most of the time. Easy two minute walk & access to the main beach. Strolled, for about 15 minutes, along the beach to Surfer's most mornings. We did catch a few taxi's back from Pacific Fair & Condrad Jupiters which never cost more than $10. (A bus is about $2 each way. I was also 5 months pregnant and not keen on the bus after our first attempt - bus driver took over before I sat down and I nearly fell.)
The caltex station is right next to the hotel making it very convenient for when you need something quick (like extra laundry powder... or a pie!). There is also a popular little pizza place called Romeo's, which is about a 5 minute walk if you just want to pick up a pizza to take back to your room.
Surfer's Paradise night markets are a must and the 'Zingara' show at Conrad Jupiters is a must. And Hooters is a great place for dinner for the whole family! (Kids eat free on Wednesday's I think it was)
I really do recommend this place for couples, families and anyone looking to stay in a fully self-contained apartment away from the hustle & bustle of the main city but still close enough to walk there.
I know we will stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 300 metres from the rolling surf and two minutes from the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings is close to all the action and one of the most contemporary holiday resort apartment complexes on the Gold Coast. Built on the former site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, the property offers spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments or Two Bedroom Penthouses. All apartments and penthouses feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, air-conditioning, cable TV, internet access, stereo and spacious balconies with views across the Gold Coast and surrounds. Some of our apartments have an indulgent spa bath and this is available on request, however cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively book one of our Two Bedroom Penthouses which all offer spa baths, plasma televisions and stainless steel appliances. The resort features a freeform lagoon style pool and waterfall, private spa grotto, full-size tennis court, fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium, steam room, children's playground, barbeque facilities, porte cochere, grand lobby and secure undercover parking. Located a kilometre from the centre of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings provides access to two of the most popular holiday destinations on the Gold Coast. Parties and excessive noise are not tolerated in apartments. Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 9pm. Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction of the guest/s from the property. Mantra Wings reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *Bookings will only be accepted if made during reception hours* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Wings Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise