“Great view, little run down.”

International Beach Resort
“Great view, little run down.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a one bed room in the fifteenth floor. We booked and paid for the room through last minute and got it for $107.00 which was an absolute bargain. The room was little dirty and outdated but you would struggle to find any better for the amount we paid .
Underground parking was good and included in the price.
All I can say is u get what you pay for!!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

location was great but room did not warrant 4 star. Had to park in restricted area reserved for management as no car parks available. Sofa could do with more padding or extra cushioning. Close to excellent restaurants

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place is the view - right on the beach which was gorgeous. Everything else leaves much to be desired. The suites are big but run down, not very clean & very dated. It wasn't standout but certainly not the worst I've stayed in. However the lack of service was the biggest downfall. The service was lacklustre & we seemed to be inconveniencing the girl at reception by checking in. My new partner has stayed many times with his children but this was my first visit. He & I needed somewhere to stay on short notice so we headed here. I don't really want to go back. It would be rude of us to inturrupt the receptionists evening again by giving her money.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Becky O
Surfers Paradise, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I specially went to reception a few weeks before my visit to request a high floor. floor 17 was agreed even though I wanted 22.
The girl at the desk was terrified as get boss was standing over her.
The views are fabulous the kitchen was filthy the pool was cold icy cold. The si called lounge suit was like sitting on a piece of board. No greeting when I passed reception . The property boasts pay tv yes there were six stations only ,of the 119 that foxtel offer.
But I was frightened to ask or comment due to the terse was the property is run .i stayed there for 6 months 15 years ago and I couldn't have stayed there another 15 minutes

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank alan9999

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Paid 200 for a 2 nights stay, they don't have a 24 hour reception at the time and by the time i get to Surfer's paradise, their reception is closing. I called beforehand to make sure they don't cancel me. The lady behind the reception is rushing to get home so she instructed a very complicated task about getting the key from one of the staff lockers, and she has to charge me the 2 nights so i won't get cancelled. Aside from being rushed to get there, i was surprised that it is a very old building, and room kinda smells old too. The bed was the hardest bed i've ever slept in, the doona and sheets were old too. The only good thing i can say about the room is the Ocean view that i have with my own balcony facing the beach! I was jumping with joy when i saw that i had that view. If i go back to Gold coast, won't go back and i hope they do something to renovate the building and the rooms. The location is perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sandy U
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

From start to finish this was the worst experience I have had with any hotel or resort. For $120 a night we could have stayed at one of many cheap resorts in Surfers Paradise and we deeply regretted this choice.

We arrived at 11am and we knew we were too early to checkin so we left the cars there and reception advised us they would contact us as soon as our room was ready so that we could check in.

At 2.30pm we still had not heard anything so we wandered back to check in. Arriving at the reception desk, there were two staff on and no-one else waiting to be seen to. We were ignored for a couple of minutes - the female staff member even looked us in the eyes and then wandered off to talk to people about their weekend plans. We finally interupted and asked if our room was ready. At now almost 2.45 pm we were told it was not ready and would still be another 20-30 minutes. Then we were just left standing there. No advice given as to what facilities were available to us or what we could do in the meantime. So we interupted again and asked if it was ok to use the pool. We got a very rude 'yeah' back and asked that they let us know when our room was ready.

At 5pm... having still heard nothing we went back to reception and asked if our room was ready only for the staff member to throw a form on the desk and demand a credit card for a $200 hold which we were advised would be held for up to 10 days (even though the bank will release the funds immediately once the hotel advises them that they can release it). No apologies, no explanation. A key was then placed on the bench in front of us, a moody 'there you go' and off she wandered again. So we wandered around to find the hotel lift as we weren't pointed in the direction of where to go.

The room was a disgrace. The curtains were stained, as though someone had splashed some sort of liquid all over them and they were torn. The outdoor chairs on the balcony were broken so you weren't able to sit down. The wood was rotting and there was rust all over the metal balcony. The floor had clearly not been vacuumed.

The bathroom was nothing to talk about - but there was no shampoo/conditioner or flannels/faceclothes provided!! When we asked at reception to have these provided (assuming that housekeeping had forgotten) - we were advised that management had said they don't provide those as a policy. How absurd!! Could not even wash properly!!

The next day I decided enough was enough and requested the details for management which I was not provided. I asked for a feedback form and was provided with a survey. I explained why I was not happy with the service we got and was told they could not do anything without talking to the owner so I asked that this be done before we checked out as I wanted it resolved.

Not long after this I was contacted in our room and advised that the staff member needed to come to the room to verify my complaints about the state of the room - I found this a bit rude but had no issue with them doing this as the room was a disgrace.

On check out we were advised that the owner had said they would not refund us our stay but could offer us some wine and chocolates. Over it by this stage I said 'fine' - only then to be told they didn't have any chocolate so there was nothing they could do.

I would never stay here again and customer service does not exist at all. I would be very surprised if this place ever has any return guests as you'd have to have incredibly low standards to want to go back when there are places all around that offer a remarkable difference in service for around the same price.

Lift your game International Beach Resort and take note of your customers - bad service = less customers = less money = less options = less customers... and so it goes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank Debbie P
Wellington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel was filthy, the rooms were filthy and they smelt. My only regret iwa not leaving and checking in to one of the much nicer looking places around. Using the lift is quite an experience (if you like that "hmm think I'm going to die in this lift" experience). If you want to iron clothes you have to go to the basement and if you're in luck one of the crappy things might actually be working. The only advice I can give you is do not under any circumstances book this place (if $ is a trouble I'd recommend backpackers over this), if you have booked there do yourself a favour and cancel. If you're going to stay anyway bring:
- Cleaning equipment
- Air freshner
- Clean sheets & pillow cases
- Something to temporarily blind yourself

Room Tip: A good room can be found at many places in surfers this is not one of them