“Highly recommended!!”

Sunset Island Resort
Beechmont
“Highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I tried to book online through a number of accom sites which were hopeless, so I called direct and spoke to the manager who was FANTASTIC, despite my booking being a bit of a shamozzle. She was patient and helpful and recommended the right size room for our booking. Lovely clean and spacious apartment, even with 5 adults staying. Walk up to Cavill Ave. Very secure with parking underneath.
Thanks Leah, for helping to make that one of the best weekends I've had in 50 years! I will definitely recommend this one to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sunsetis, Manager at Sunset Island Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you Danielle for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful weekend away and hope that you come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed for just over a week and enjoyed every moment spent there. The apartment we lived in was very clean and tidy, well presented and all the standard conveniences you require. So close to Surfers Paradise within a few minutes walk.

Our grandson really enjoyed the place and especially the swimming pool complex. Highly recommend this hotel. The only negative if you could call it that, is that our bed was on the firm side.

Room Tip: Corner room 104 was a real treat, the outside deck area was HUGE !!, recently decorated.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Ross C
sunsetis, Manager at Sunset Island Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Ross thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Sunset Island Resort, it was certainly lovely to meet you and Susan. We have noted your feedback on the firmness of the bed. We look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
Taree
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have stayed here 4 times now (every 6 months or so) and we love Senset Island Resort. Accommomdation is clean and eveything to yours needs.
Great kitchen and ensuite for parents.... Brilliant. Not to forget washing machine and dryer!
Close to Cavill mall for your morning and evening walks.
Central to a beauitful place... Surfers Paradise.
Pool and BBQ area is lovelynand very relaxing.
Could not ask for better value family resort.
Love the friendly staff and manager.
Thanks again for a great stay! Will be back soon.

Room Tip: Room 218 or 219! Faces the pool area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
sunsetis, Manager at Sunset Island Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at Sunset Island Resort (so much that you stayed with us 4 times). We look forward to seeing you again soon.
WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have stayed for the 3rd time in 18 months at Sunset Island Resort in Surfers Paradise. We just love it! The accommodation is clean and has everything the spoiled traveler wants. Yes there is a difference in units, some have newer furniture and TV's than other but price wise it is a good deal. There is a great heated pool, a hot spa and great bbq facilities. Yes there are 4 and 5 stars motels/hotels with better facilities but you will pay the price. We love to be away from all the Surfers Paradise hustle and bustle, but still only 5 minutes away from the shops and 10 minutes from the beach. Whats the point?? Sue and Graham are lovely people and will do anything to help you where they can. We asked for a unit on the ground floor due to the mobility of my wife and this was never a problem. I am sure we will be back in Surfers again one day and for us there is no other place we will stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review as we appreciate all feedback. We will always try our best to accommodate the special requests of our guests. We hope to see you back with us again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked this place as I had heard from someone through work that this hotel was good. I certainly was NOT disappointed. I wanted something away from the centre of the beach area, & NOT too noisy.
The place was MUCH BETTER than I expected. Sure it was a good 10 minute walk to the beach but the reception lady Leah? was VERY welcoming & helpful in booking us in. When we went up to the room which was EXACTLY what I asked for I found a VERY clean & tidy room. For a 1br it had EVERYTHING!!! It was spacious, & had a dishwasher, microwave, washing machine & clothes dryer which I was NOT expecting. The bedroom was spacious & so was the "lounge room"
I would DEFINATELY go back & stay there & would recommend this place to stay. I also liked the fact that you COULDNT access the car park unless you were staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that Sunset Island Resort exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us here. We hope to see you again in the future.
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here as a group of four and we loved it! Perfect for groups on a weekend away to the Goldie, not too far of a walk to the main strip and area was quiet at night. Only a walk away to the main bus area too which takes you to the theme parks. Kitchen facilities were good, as were all the other amenities, I'd recommend this place to others wanting to stay in the area. Great value for money also - I just wished I'd had the time to go for a swim in the pool!

Room Tip: No lift - pack light!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
sunsetis, Manager at Sunset Island Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice little place out of the way, but a little too far out of the way. No elevators and a bit out dated but the pool was nice. Room was adequate but it felt like you were in prison-everywhere you looked it seemed that there was a fee attached and it made me nervous. It was like stepping on egg shells - I visited with my so sons, both under 10, and they wanted to charge me an extra person fee. I was very disappointed as this would have made it the price of a beachfront property, luckily after I expressed my disappointed they made me feel like they were doing me a favour by not charging me. I understand the concept of people trying to run a business but this was ridiculous
Has this not happened they would have made it to average - only just

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shakaka
sunsetis, Manager at Sunset Island Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Unfortunately, Sunset Island Resort cannot provide free accommodation - all the resort websites show the additional person charges. For special requests, such as difficulty climbing stairs, please make a request on booking and we will try to accommodate you in a ground floor apartment.

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels