My partner and I stayed here for 8 days over the new year period. We found the location pretty good although, in the heat the walk back and forth from town and the beach does get a bit tiring. Our one bedroom apartment was a good size and it was great having the pool on site.
What we didn't like far out weighs what we did like.
Firstly, my towel had hair in it. We would have asked for a clean one but the owners were off site when we checked in.
We were promised washing powder and dishwasher powder, we had neither - when we asked for some we were looked at as if we were lying! We were told that there was probably some in the apartment! After that experience, we didn't dare ask for a clean towel!
The staff weren't overally friendly and were rarely around.
We then ran out of toilet paper - we were told we had to pay for it as well as clean towels! Not once in 8 days was our apartment cleaned.
Our balcony was gross - we had the people above us spilling drinks and cigarettes onto it. Again due to no staff being around we felt we couldn't ask for cleaners (we probably would have been charged).
Given the over the top rates and how long we stayed it would have been nice for a greeting at some point from a staff member, and for some basic products that usually come with any kind of accommodation.
The final thing we didn't like, was that on our last evening we were slipped a note under the door telling us we would have to clean all dishes, and take out our rubbish and that we wouldn't have to clean the sheets. The note was pretty rude.
Given how much we paid for the new year period (yes we are aware we were paying more) we would expect that basic products such as toilet paper, soap and towels would be clean, and replenished WITHOUT charge. I would also expect the cleaners to actually do their job and come in and clean especially for people staying longer than 1 night.
We will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully appointed apartments nestled at the end of Peninsular Drive providing boutique accommodation. The perfect spot to relax by the saltwater pool, or soak in the spa. With the river so close you can take the kids fishing. You will love every minute of your stay with us here at Sunset Island Resort-ideal home away from home, tucked away from the noisy, bustling streets but yet so close to the action...the ideal holiday getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Island Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Sunset Island Resort Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise