Karana Palms Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
Diamonds Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
The Island Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
All reviewschevron islandthe gold coastshort walkfully self containedsurfer's paradiseone bedroom apartmentunderground parkingwould stay againsurfersaccommodationbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Looked nice in the advertisement but as is so often the case reality didn't match the blurb. Place smelt like it had just been spayed for infestation!! Including inside the cupboards holding crockery etc. Carpets were old and VERY tired as was the lounge. Place was covered in notes telling me how much the "extras" would cost. They had a mini bar in the fridge and chocolates and chips all at exorbitant prices. Toilet paper could be purchased at $1.50 per roll. Air conditioning was $5 a day. This is Surfers after all!!! That I had to pay for all of these was NOT explained before I arrived. The final straw was the notice which said that cleaning of the room could be arranged for $35!!!! Clearly the concern of these people is not the guests comfort but their own wallets. Stay away there are much better places at same or lower prices around this area.

Room Tip: Pick one in another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cadici
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Recently stayed for a week and had a relaxing time. We arrived early morning (office was just opening up then) after a midnight flight and missing luggage. All we wanted to do was shower and sleep. Management was wonderful - called housekeeping to clean our unit first so we didn't have to wait for the 2pm check in. Our missing luggage arrived late afternoon while we were out and they took it to the unit for us. Unit was clean and comfortable. Really close to everything without having to put up with the noise. It was a lovely stay. Have already booked to go there again in March!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor above are quieter as the door from the parking lot tends to creak loudly when it is opened and closed!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights during the Christmas period and were pleasantly surprised. Accommodation was affordable and clean. We stayed with kids and had the ground floor apartment which we found to be perfect and safe for a 2 year old and balcony was spacious. The staff were amazing especially Evelyn. She was such a kind manager who went out of her way to help in any way. Staff stayed out of your way but were always there when you needed them. They even looked after our bags prior to check in. Had a lovely stay and had everything we needed. Will stay again!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable but all the little things that went wrong add up to a bummer experience. I arrived on a Sunday, a day on which the management is not available. I received no instruction from management on how to check in, so I was left pushing a button to contact an after hours service, which didn't work. Only after I spent over $1 per minute on my cell phone calling an answering service was I given instructions on how to retrieve my keys. A/C costs extra, the clothes dryer didn't work well, the pool was in a continual state of being cleaned and unavailable, and the wi-fi was an incredible rip off! There is plenty of competition for holiday apartments on the Gold Coast so I'd look elsewhere for your stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed with my 8 year old daughter at Karana Palms Resort and had a lovely time. The Apartment is fully self contained with all you need to cook your own meals, plenty of pots, frying pans and crockery. The apartment was very clean and the balcony spacious with a 4 seater out door table and chairs.

They also have a supermarket service on the website which if you are arriving late is brilliant, I used it and was very pleased with price and how they placed all my groceries in fridge and pantry for my arrival.

The pool is great very well looked after with a shallow and deep end we loved it.

The owners are very friendly and helpful and enjoy the excitement of helping you book your tours and then follow up with questions when you return back and are genuinely happy to listen to your stories.

If you do not mind a short stroll into Surfers Paradise and seriously its an easy 10 minute walk this is a great place especially with young children as its quiet and away from the hustle and bustle.

We loved our 6 day break and would choose to stay here again on our next visit for sure

Thanks for having us

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have a great balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family