“Recomend to anyone who wants to try surfing!”

Cheyne Horan School of Surf
Experience for Yourself
More Info
$45.50*
and up
Surfing Lesson at Cheyne Horan School of Surf on the Sunshine Coast
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing Lessons with World Champion Cheyne Horan School of Surf, Australia's No. 1 Surf School Located at Cnr Hanlan St Surfers Paradise daily 10am-12 & 2pm-4pm World Champion Cheyne Horan has developed these courses to give beginners the right start to surfing. Using safe soft surfboards with easy to learn techniques that make surfing fun,easy and exciting. Surfing in Surfers Paradise where else? Everyone welcome. INSTRUCTORS: Cheyne Horan - World & Australian Champion, Amanda Roberts - Chris Brock - Australian Champion, Pat Kelly - Australian Champion LESSON OPTIONS: 2 hour lesson with Surf certificate $49 3x 2 hour Surfing lessons with Surf certificate $129 5x 2 hour Surfing lessons with Surf certificate, Surf School Tshirt, + Learn 2 Surf with World Champion Cheyne Horan DVD $189 Private (one on one tuition) 1 hour lesson with Surf certificate $80 FEATURES: Lesson One: • Standing and surfing in the first lesson • 2 hour surfing lesson • Easy to learn surfing techniques • Board Control • Ocean safety • How to control the board • Board control riding a wave, • How to catch waves, timing, basic take off, • • Correct way to stand and ride waves, • Paddling, beginner techniques • Taught ocean awareness and surf safety • Lessons are progressive each day • We select the appropriate equipment for your individual needs and the conditions • Best quality surfing equipment • Soft safe learner surfboards • Wetsuits and lycra tops • Lockers • Each participant receives a certificate upon completion ALL SURFING EQUIPMENT IS SUPPLIED Cheyne Horan School of Surf provides the best quality surfing equipment appropriate for your individual needs, including soft safe learner surfboards, wetsuits and lycra tops. Lockers are also provided.
“Recomend to anyone who wants to try surfing!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Me and my girlfriend had a fantastic day surfing with these guys! It was the first time either of us had ever surfed and we both stood up. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and patient :) even know we was in a group we felt the instructors payed a lot of attention to us individually, giving my girlfriend extra help to stand up :)

Would definitely recomend this surf school to everyone, we are backpackers and found it very easy to arrange etc.

Thanks for a great day guys!

From Sam and Tara X

Swansea, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Full class”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was the 2nd time I had ever surfed, both being lessons. Class I feel was too full for the amount of instructors as everyone was a beginner. They weren't very attentive to individual needs and steps were a little rushed to fit it all in the time frame. Instructors were friendly however and if you did happen to be a natural, you were pushed harder. This school is for people who are naturally good and not for people who will need extra help.

Georgetown, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great staff”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great instructors..had Sergio the first day..he was good for beginners but being a snowboarder i caught on rather quickly..had Pat for my next 2 lessons and he was legit..all instructors have great passion for surfing and it shines through..go here if you want to learn how to surf

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guaranteed to stand!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend and I managed to snag a Groupon to this place, so we got 2 hours of surf school and one hour board hire! It was the perfect amount of time. They teach you how to surf the white water, which is perfect for beginners. If you can't manage to stand on your own, they make sure to hold the board for you and give you at least one good experience. I found the lessons extremely helpful, even though I'd been surfing a few times in my life. The extra hour was amazing so that we could get a handle on surfing without the rest of the class there. By the end we were tired! I highly recommend!

Visited December 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Impatient instructors”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

They gave me a huge and heavy board even though I'm really short and slim. I had to carry it for 15 minutes so by the time we reached the shore I was already tired. I found out that the instructors were cranky and rude!

Visited November 2013