“Perfect afternoon of sailing”

Getaway Sailing on the Gold Coast
More attraction details
Owner description: Private whale watching sailing charters as well as packages such as our private Day Spa and sailing day or lunch on South Stradbroke Island or maybe a private sailing discovery tour of South Stradbroke Island and don't forget Private whale watching charters under sail. Cruise along side of theses massive mammals. Watch them breaching spy hopping and tail slapping and with a 100% success rate in whale sightings you are sure to witness the annual migration. We also conduct other sailing charters from South Stradebroke Island discovery tours to twilight champagne sailing cruises. All of our cruise bookings are exclusive and private for you and your guests only!
GC, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Perfect afternoon of sailing”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Thanks Darryl for a great afternoon. Beautiful yacht, great friends, perfect weather - overall an amazing way to spend an afternoon on the water wth my girlfriends. Darryl was very accommodating & flexible, not rushing to get us back strictly on time but spent a bit of extra time out to make sure we had the best vantage point for a beautiful sunset. Champers & nibbles provided, as well as being able to BYO! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Darryl F, Owner at Getaway Sailing on the Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
A relaxing evening of smooth water sailing with the tranquil sea breeze from the east. Hope to see you for the whale watching season June-November.
Thank you for sailing with me.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Girls Day Out”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thanks so much to Darryl for such a great afternoon! My girlfriends and I booked a 3 hour sunset cruise on the weekend and Darryl is the perfect host, we had a really great time

Visited March 2014
We had very light easterly sea breezes this afternoon and a wonderful sunset over the Gold Coast hinterland. A wonderful way to spend time with your friends gliding through the smooth waters of the Gold Coast Broadwater under sail.
I look forward to welcoming you girls aboard on your next visit.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Most Perfect Engagement - Ever!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

A Big Thank you to Darryl and Getaway Sailing for the most memorable experience ever! I had secretly planned to propose to my partner as the sunset on our sailing trip. The entire experience, from start to finish, was a breeze with Darryl. He had accommodated for every little aspect of the evening and went the extra mile to make sure everything was beyond perfect.

Sailing alongside south stradbroke island as dolphins swam in the water near by - not to mention the proposal under the amazing sail...all while having our photos taken professionally, collectively made this experience more than anyone could ever ask for.

We will definitely be back for more sailing trips in the future.

Thanks again Darryl!

Visited March 2014
Dolphins, a Vibrate Sunset and a marriage proposal. They all work together very well, I wish you both health and happiness in your life together.
Thank you for share your special occasion with us at Getaway Sailing.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Fantastic adventure.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Booked the cruise for Hubby and myself for Valentine's Day. What a fantastic adventure. We had the best time ever. Darryl took us out towards Straddie and we managed to find some dolphins that swan alongside the vessel. The sunset was absolutely amazing. Would highly recommend.

Visited February 2014
Darryl F, Owner at Getaway Sailing on the Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
A peaceful sailing cruise this evening with a loving couple. We cruised around Crab Island which is on the Gold Coast Broadwater, sailing with dolphins at sunset, what a way to end a day!
See you guys in a couple of months for the whale watching season
Fair winds
Darryl
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
“The Perfect Proposal”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

From the initial contact to the follow up email, our two hosts were just superb.

I will admit - when searching the internet for unique and special proposal ideas, sailing hadn't crossed my mind. Boy am I glad it did, it was one of those experiences one has where everything falls into place perfectly. Beautiful weather, classy and courteous hosts, and of course my fiance saying yes! For those considering proposing on the water - I implore you to do it, proposal aside, the sailing is brilliant enough. We sat on a bean bag on the front of the boat and enjoyed the serenity of the Broadwater, even spotting two dolphins. The putting up of the sail and ensuing professional photos were all planned to perfection leading to a very happy couple. Thanks again.

Visited February 2014
What a wonderful evening on the water, beautiful sunset with a gentle NE sea breeze and a special moment for our two guests Matt and Helen. I hope your proposal cruise is a moment you will remember for life. Bettina and I wish you both a very healthy and happy journey through life together. Look forward to seeing you during the whale watching season here on the Gold Coast (June-November)
Regards