“Great Japanese food!”

Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to 'SHINOBI' Japanese Yakitori restaurant located in the heart of the Gold Coast. Visit us and Enjoy authentic Japanese Yakitori taste!!
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This little hidden treasure revealed dishes full of flavour.

The seating arrangements is not what you would expect from a fine dining restaurant but it adds to the restaurants charm.

Yum!

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you very much.
I am very glad to you like our YAKIRORI BAR.
ARIGATO!!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not a veteran when it comes to Japanese food but this was really very good! Portion size was good and the taste was perfect.

A little bit difficult to find the restaurant, it is inside a mall and all shops were closed in the evening. But don't give up, it's worth looking for!

Thank you very much for coming our Yakitori Bar.
I hope see you again!!
ARIGATO!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't look for a basic Chinese restaurant with noodles and crispy duck here. This is something different. Very authentic Japanese restaurant. During your visit you think you're in the land of the rising sun. Restaurant is hidden in the center of a mall, so have a good look once you're in the street.

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

I hope you like it.
ARIGATO.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was really excited when I read the reviews about this place as I live on the Gold Coast (having previously living in Japan) and was looking for something authentic, locally.

True, the taste is authentic enough but the portion sizes are NOT when compared to Japan. As the previous poster mentioned, you get one prawn, one chicken wing etc for $2.50+ a pop. In any Japanese restaurant in Japan you'd get substantially more per skewer for example.

I ate dinner here with my partner two weeks ago and wasn't particularly impressed with the pricing/ serving proposition (spent $80 with one beer/ one wine). But the food was genuine. So I ordered two lunch boxes recently (one for me and gf) to give them another go. The serving portions were so small that I ate both of them. To give an idea, I'd be more full eating one big mac then both of their lunches. I weigh 78kgs.

I will neither go there again or recommend others to do so. I don't post frequently but felt compelled to write given the previous glowing reviews. FYI there are many many other asian etc restaurants in the arcades between orchid ave and the highway that will fill you up for much less. I am so disappointed that I gave this place a go (twice) and to be honest, it's a rip off. If this place is ranked two or three on tripadvisor then help us all. Rant over...

1  Thank ImSmokin

Yes, you are right!!
Our Yakitori is very small portions.
Yakiyori is small served on skewers.Because Japanese wants to try a lot of kinds of skewers.
Do you know how big sushi?
I think you know how big sushi.
But now not so mush people know about Yakitori.
Our Yakitori is as same size as Japanese Yakitori size.
まあ分かります、初めて焼き鳥を食べた人は小さいと思うでしょうね。
でも、それが焼き鳥なんです、20年前に寿司を初めて食べた人も同じように小さいと思ったのでしょうね。
I would think you'll see Well, people who ate a grilled chicken for the first time is small.
But I guess I thought I'm a grilled chicken is it, people who ate sushi for the first time 20 years ago as small as the same.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

After reading the reviews I took my family to Samurais for lunch. We were disappointed with portion sizing. The meat skewers are half the size a usual wooden skewer is and can become quite expensive when feeding a family, although we only had a 9 yr, 3 yr and 7 month old. From memory the prawn skewer cost $2.50ea and only had one prawn on it, this was similar to the chicken wing, chicken and pork belly skewers. We loved the taste of the pork belly.

We also ordered the beef noodle dish and chicken on rice dish. Good flavour, yet portion sizing for the beef noodle dish was a disappointment.

Walked away with a hole in the pocket and a half full tummy.

Yes, you are right!!
Our Yakitori is very small portions.
Do you know how big sushi?
I think you know how big sushi.
But now not so mush people know about Yakitori.
Our Yakitori is as same size as Japanese Yakitori size.
Thank you.