“A Japanese Surprise!”

Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to 'SHINOBI' Japanese Yakitori restaurant located in the heart of the Gold Coast. Visit us and Enjoy authentic Japanese Yakitori taste!!
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in a small arcade we would never have walked in if we hadnt looked on trip advisor. We are so glad we did!! The staff are friendly and welcoming and the menu is short and easy to choose from. The music set a happy mood with one of the chefs playing along on his guitar. Yummy sake, great prices, and the food was delicious!! We highly recommend the Yakitori Chicken with its smokey bbq flavour complimenting the teriyaki sauce! Overall a cute little tasty treat with big beautiful flavours, a definite must if you are a japanese fan and in the surfers area.

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you very much for coming my Yakitori Bar!!
I hope see you soon AGAIN!!
ARIGATO!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had a nice food here on my first day in Surfer Paradise. Without knowing about the local dining area, I followed the trip advisor site's suggestion and were not disappointed with the food served here.

I ordered Sumarai Don - tendered chicken on Salad with Tartar sauce served on rice, plus miso soup. The food is delicious with reasonable price only 10.XX $. Anyway, if you are a big eater, noodle may be your option.

I was lucky to come early as the shop was quickly full while other customers looked starving for waiting. I guess, probably only one person cooked main dish and another made the grilled stuff.

Overall, I like this place and would go there again.

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you very much!!!
ARIGATO!!!!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our Japanese friend took me and 2 other friends here and we loved it!
The service is fantastic very friendly and helpful, spoke English and Japanese, which was good because our Japanese friend could talk to them in Japanese when ordering or asking a question.
The food was great and very reasonably priced, especially the Karaage and Yakitori Chicken.
We split a bottle of authentic Japanese cold Sake between 4 of us.
In a very good location to in an inside mall/ally way place right off orchid ave, don't have to worry about loud traffic, people walking past or weather.
There is bathroom right next to the restaurant which is convenient and it was very clean.
Will definitely be going back here.

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you very much!!!
Next time drink together with SAMURAIS!!
I hope see you soooon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Good clean food at such a reasonable price. Service is fantastic. We walked away with a smile and a full belly.

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you very much.
ARIGATO!!!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a cute little shop located in the heart of Surfers Paradise. With all the Light Rail construction work going on, it can be a little difficult to find. If you can find the LV shop, you can find this place.

We ordered many different yakitoris and all of them were yummy. Chicken Wing, Chicken Thigh, Pork Belly, Sweet Potato, Zucchini, Tsukune (meat ball), Prawn. There were other items like Beef Tongue that we did not try. Our favorites were Prawn and Pork Belly, both were done to perfection and very tasty.

Take the prawn for instance, the legs are removed and the guys are all cleaned out, it is put on a skewer and BBQ on high heat after having spices added to it. The shell was cooked so well that you could eat it as well if you like crunchy bits. We had 2 helpings of Prawn and Port Belly. The pork belly was especially juicy.

The service is excellent and the staff can speak both Japanese and fluent English.

The cost is very reasonable as Yakitori is not something you can get just anywhere. We would definitely go back next time we are down at Surfers Paradise.

Paul777-12, Owner at Shinobi Japanese Yakitori Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you very much.
I am very glad to you like our Yakitori!!!
ARIGATO!!