“Go with a group - loads of fun”
Review of Samphire Bites - CLOSED

Samphire Bites
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Gold Coast, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go with a group - loads of fun”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had 14 in our group and had 2 of the entres and 5 of the mains. Toby and the team were brilliant and kept us entertained and well fed. The maple pork belly is definitely a winner.

• Visited May 2014

“The Wow Factor.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I are from Melbourne and tried Samphire Bites as recommended to her from a local cafe. After leaving we both felt amazed and sad since our flight was the following morning and couldn't return the next night.

Sharing is defiantly caring and can say that you will get value for money for the contemporary tapas served.

The food was superb and cannot describe, as words will not show the eating it deserves! We are both traveling Europe now on a food trip and can say that Samphire is still in our top 5 restaurants visited.

The atmosphere was fast paced and had a funky vibe that should be taken upon more in Surfers.

Can't book here so make sure you arrive early! We arrived around 7 and the restaurant packed out by 8.

Thank you Samphire!

• Visited November 2012
gold coast
“wow,wow,wow!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Been trying to get to try this place for ages,and after our first experience it won,t be long before a return visit.Such individuality! On arrival we were greeted warmly and sat at an outside table enjoying the comings and goings of Chevron Island.When we were ready to eat we took the inside option which has a lovely intimate atmosphere. The talented chef creates the tapas style plates right there in front of diners,at a long sit-up bar.This team knows how to cook.The produce is fresh, and plated beautifully. We worked our way through as many flavours as we could fit in and there wasnt one that missed a beat. Unfortunately a lot of eating houses throws around the word "tapas" and "small plates" when really they are serving entree size meals.This is not one of those and should not be compared. Do yourself a favour, pull up a seat at the bar,order a couple of items and enjoy this eating experience.We loved it and cant wait to try their next door bar "pigs and pints" ,,,,.

• Visited May 2013
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant evening”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Brilliant evening, sampling different foods. Sat at the bar watching the chef plate up. Staff very helpful.

• Visited April 2013
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“A very special little place!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I went here in January for a girls night, my friend had been here previously but this was my first time! As soon as I walked in I knew it was going to be a good experience. When we arrived all the outside tables were taken so we sat at the counter. Whilst waiting for our other friend to arrive we were ale to watch the chefs in action. Coming from a cooking background I couldn't take my eyes off them, watching the preparation was fascinating.
We ordered some cocktails, I had a margarita first, it was delicious. We ordered our first round of tapas and whilst waiting for them an outside table came available. I kinda wished we stayed at the counter to watch. We each ordered a starter tapas and a main tapas dish. Each meal came out one by one and each had three perfect little bits so we could each try. We next ordered another round of cocktails which were even more delicious, I had an amazing dairy free piña colada! Throughout the night the waiter stopped and chatted to us. We all felt the service was above average and helped make the night more special.
The food was just amazing, there were so many different components to each dish and it was fun to taste all the gels, foams and sauces! The only dish we did not enjoy was the bone marrow! Our biggest mistake though was not staying for dessert! I will definitely come back to this restaurant and I sincerely hope it stays around for a long time. The Gold Coast needs more places like this.