Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $49.62
More Info
from $49.62
More Info
All reviews great lesson surfing experience kirra beach hour surf lesson wet suits gave everyone learn to surf these guys amazing surf two hours super fun lots of fun surf school surfer's paradise my partner great value the gold coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Liam and Will provided great instruction and helpful safety advice. They got me standing after 1 lesson and were great at sharing their time with everyone on the lesson. They gave me the confidence to rent a board and go out again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a 2hour beginners course, unsure if I would benefit, I've surfed before but wanted to improve!! Jack was my instructor!! He Was absolutely awesome, giving me the best tips, I gained so most knowledge in that 2hrs that I can now practice for a long time,
In our lesson there was only 4 for us, which ment Jack was able to share his time between us equally, enabling even the 1st timers to stand up on their boards, all of us had the best time.
If you have ever wanted to try surfing, no matter what level you are from total beginner onwards, Go Ride a wave Surfer's Paradise is where you want to go. Would rate 10stars if possible.
Thanks gents!! Definitely be back!!
Jason Travetti.

Date of experience: September 2019
SeniorSurfInstructor, Front Office Manager at Go Ride A Wave, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Jason,

We did have a lot of fun out there that day and it was epic you came.You were having a great time out there, managed to get some good ones! You also were really hooting and whistling when the other 1st timers got up on their first waves, really gets that energy going.

Thanks mate,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bridon was a fantastic teacher and made my first experience of surfing very enjoyable! I’d definitely go back for more.

Date of experience: September 2019
SeniorSurfInstructor, Front Office Manager at Go Ride A Wave, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Gday BizzleJB,

Thanks for coming along and I am glad you had a great first time. Braydon said if you are ever back around he would be stoked to take you for a lesson.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

First of all - Liam, our instructor, was awesome. We signed up for a package of lessons and did two on our first day. Liam came with us on both and not only was he a great instructor, but also just a super pleasant guy to spend the day with! We were so amped that we weren’t thinking about safety to much - but Liam did an awesome job of covering all the typical fears right off the bat. It was pretty reassuring to know that sharks don’t come into the Gold Coast and jellyfish are uncommon in spring. We lucked out and we’re here at the perfect time of year. The basics of surfing are pretty easy, so I was happy that he went through those pretty quick and got us in the water early on. He did a great job at keeping our spirits up and keeping us motivated. He completely lied to our face the entire time and told us how awesome we were doing lol!! But it was nice of him. We didn’t have our kids with us, but worth mentioning that there was a young kid on one of our tours and I was totally impressed how they handled him with a group of adults. He got lots of 1:1 attention, and they did amazing with the language barrier with the little guy. Also worth mentioning that everyone at the shop was super friendly and accommodating as well. I’ve been to a few surf schools in Aus and, despite being in a really touristy area, I think this one was the best! Absolutely a great value activity! Would recommend to literally anyone.

Date of experience: September 2019
SeniorSurfInstructor, Owner at Go Ride A Wave, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Hey Haymcdee,

Thanks for taking the time to write an amazing review! Have a safe trip back to Seattle and if you are ever back at one of our east coast locations drop in for another surf.

Cheers Sam,

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I had a spare few hours on a Sunday - so what to do...

Glad I booked this - although windsurfing to surfing are not transferable skills - but I do now know how clothes feel when put in the washing machine.

Instructors - Will and Liam - were great, especially with a young lad who they looked after especially well (although they may have identified early on that the rest of us were lost causes)

Anyway, safe, good instruction, and would recommend - if I was staying longer I think I’d take them up in the offer of board hire just to try out what I was supposed to be doing (2 hours was long enough by the way - especially as a learner).

Give it a try!

davidrC1742LL,

Thanks for the epic review, sometimes surfing can feel like you are in a washing machine but everyone always come out of it with a smile. I never have a smile after doing washing.

The instructors will always be in the water giving lots of one on one help and keeping everyone safe. I'm glad you had fun and when you come back that board rental is still on the table.