“A+ service”

Ranked #222 of 390 Restaurants in Surfers Paradise
Cuisines: Asian, French, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Deja View Restaurant Enjoy our famous Deja View restaurant for an incredible buffet or a-la-carte menu on the Gold Coast Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise Deja View restaurant features a delicious range of modern cuisine, a diverse wine selection, incredible buffet and a tempting cocktail menu. Deja View offers casual al-fresco and formal dining areas and a lounge bar that is the perfect backdrop for sunset drinks with friends. ________________________________________ Buffet Dinner Nightly Sunday to Thursday Daily changing Australian and Asian inspired dishes, wood-fired pizzas, fresh salads and tempting dessert bar Friday and Saturday Indulge in prawns, Pacific oysters, mussels, crabs, daily changing Asian & Australian inspired dishes, wood fired pizzas, crisp salads and tempting desserts, all part of our famous seafood buffet in Surfers Paradise. A la Carte Experience an enticing menu matched by premium wines available by the glass. Delight in the melding of classical French techniques with gentle and clean Asian and Australian inspired flavours, designed by our executive chef, Olivier (Ollie) Maokhamphieu. Deja View Bar An ideal meeting point for cocktails, cold tap beers and all day bar snacks. ________________________________________ Deja View in Queensland's Gold Coast is located on level 2 at Outrigger Surfers Paradise.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“A+ service”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast down at the restaurant at outrigger last week and was greeted at the front by Matt had a great smile was a great way to start our morning. The buffet was like any other buffet and the food was very tasty. The waitress that was working was also very friendly and she looked after our needs. Matt gave us a great send off and with service like this we will be back again!

Visited April 2014
dejaviewrestaurant, Manager at Deja View Restaurant, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Maggie420

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your warm feedback and comments. The team at Outrigger Surfers Paradise are delighted that you enjoyed the tasty buffet breakfast.

I was pleased to read your comments about Matt Butler my Food and Beverage Supervisor.Matt has come a long way over the years starting as a School based trainee. He has worked his way through to the top with hard work and great customer service. I could not be more proud of him, as he often receives such glowing reviews.

Please feel free to like us on Facebook @ Déjà View and leave a comment and you will receive a complimentary bottle of wine when you next dine. Simply show the team at Déjà View Restaurant on arrival that you liked us on your phone when you next come in. Now you just need an excuse to come and visit us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to Déjà View Restaurant in the near future.

Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Gold Coast, Australia
“Dissapointing for a hotel seafood buffet”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

As a local I was hopeful that the seafood buffet would be of similar quality and selection as many of our other local offerings. Sadly if it wasn't for the prawns and oysters you left very dissapointed. Staff where friendly but struggled to keep on top of the service.

Visited April 2014
dejaviewrestaurant, Manager at Deja View Restaurant, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear David L

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. As without feedback we would not be able to expand and improve on our overall guest experience. I have brought the above points to the attention of our Restaurant Manager as well as our Executive Chef.

It upsets me to read your comments in relation to the seafood, as I know Ollie our Executive Chef prides himself on his food and its quality. The seafood is sourced locally at main beach straight from the trawlers, so our Executive Chef will be contacting the supplier to investigate why the seafood was not up to standard. As we often get great comments on the freshness and taste of all our seafood.

Thank you for pointing out that the staff are friendly. As it is my aim to ensure a positive overall guest dining experience is created when dining at Déjà View.

As for the point about staff struggling to keep on top of service. I will be speaking with the supervisor that was on shift on this night, To ask them how next time we could improve and investigate this matter further.

I hope to see you in the Restaurant again soon, to see that we take all feedback seriously and that all your points will be followed through and actioned.

Again thank you, and if there is any questions or points you would like answered. Please don’t hesitate to call me on (07) 55 79 1043 or via email on surfersparadise.confopmgr@outrigger.com.au

sunshine coast aust
“Dirty Tables”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Breakfast for us was a huge let down, we paid $29.95 each for a buffet breakfast...We struggled to find a seat not because it was busy but for the fact the tables where so dirty. The buffet itself is like any other in a hotel, no selection , bacon eggs sausage , old fruit, toaster that took 6 mins to toast as you keep having to put it back through the toaster.If you pay this price you do expect a bit more

• Visited April 2014
Dear cosykid,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback from April. In relation to the points you have raised, please note that we have taken on board your feedback and shared this with the Restaurant Manager & Executive Chef.

Our Buffet breakfast is priced very competitively. You will find the same price point if not more expansive in most of the Surfers Paradise hotels. I am concerned to here that you found the fruit to be old as I know our Executive Chef Ollie prides himself on his food and the fresh is best approach to the quality of the his product.

In relation to the point about the Toaster, I will be making sure that the supervisors explain to each guest, when they are walking them through the buffet. The toasters are on a conveyor belt and can be sped up or slowed down depending how you like your bread toasted.

I will also be getting the supervisors to check the cleanliness of the restaurant tables more often. And can ensure that if you were to come and visit Deja View Restaurant again you would see the difference. As we take all feedback seriously and without guest feedback we would not be able to improve our product.

Please if you have any questions. Don’t hesitate to call me on (07) 55 79 1043 or via email surfersparadise.confopmgr@outrigger.com.au.

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Overlooks roadworks”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Average breakfast. Coffee from a self serve machine. Not good enough for a restaurant in a hotel. Staff friendly.

Visited February 2014
dejaviewrestaurant, Manager at Deja View Restaurant, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Spendkidsinheritance,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback from March. In relation to the points you have raised, please note that we have taken on board your feedback and shared this with the Restaurant Manager & Executive Chef.

Our Executive Chef Ollie prides himself on his food and its quality. I am very concerned to see that the breakfast was average. As we are very focused on ensuring a positive overall guest dining experience is created when dining at Déjà View. In regards to coffee, the restaurant offers both a self-serve machine, but also coffee’s made to order via our friendly team. I will ensure our staff inform all guests of the availability of both

I can see that you have raised the point that the staff are friendly. I appreciate this comment as I know the team at Deja View Restaurant takes a lot of pride in their service ethos.

Please feel free to contact me via email surfersparadise.confopmgr@outrigger.com if you have any further comments.

King Regards,
Outrigger Surfers Paradise.
Southport, Australia
“Incredible 21st”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food was unbelievable, complemented by friendly staff, this is definitely one of the best buffets on the Gold Coast! Arriving as a group of 20 for my birthday celebration, the staff from all departments, kitchen, bar and waiters, made this an unforgettable night. Thank you!!

• Visited February 2014
dejaviewrestaurant, Manager at Deja View Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Sam G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your warm feedback and comments Sam G. The team at Outrigger Surfers Paradise are delighted that you enjoyed the “unbelievable food, complemented by friendly staff” as you stated at Déjà View Restaurant in February and that you’ll be back again.

I was pleased to read your comments about your experience and how impressed you were with wait, bar and kitchen staff! Thank you. Our Executive Chef, Ollie prides himself in a fresh is best approach to cooking for all occasions. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef and Restaurant team, to ensure they can see our guest’s true dining experience, thank you.

Please feel free to like us on Facebook @ Déjà View and leave a comment and you will receive a complimentary bottle of wine when you next dine. Simply show the team at Déjà View Restaurant on arrival that you liked us on your phone when you next come in. Now you just need an excuse to come see us again. It’s nice to read our locals from Southport enjoyed a night out in Surfers Paradise. We look forward to welcoming Sam G back to Déjà View Restaurant in the near future.

Kind regards,