“Make sure you stop here for food!!”

Shiraz Authentic Persian Restaurant
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Iran is a country with a diverse geography and ethnic population. It sits at the centre of the former Kingdom of Persia, one of the world's oldest continuous major civilisations. Iran forms a bridge between the Middle East and the Far East in the centre of the ancient Silk Road, a major trading route which goes back tens of thousands of years. Persian cuisine has influenced many world cuisines, and has absorbed elements from other cuisines as well. It's no surprise that Persian ingredients such as saffron, pomegranate and spinach have made their way into other cuisines! As ancient traders took their wares to the corners of the world, they traded goods, bringing back the eating habits and ingredients from Greece, Rome, Turkey, Russia and India. Today's Persian cuisine traces its roots to ancient Persian ingredients and recipes, and is enriched by the great tastes imported from the rest of the world!
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've got to be honest, this is the sort of restaurant that if I had walked past it, I would have given it a miss. That would have been a huge mistake. I'm so glad we stopped! The menu is extensive, and the food lived up to our hopes. A complimentary salad was provided on arrival. We had the eggplant dip to start with (get this- I don't like eggplant, but this was lush!!), followed by the kebabs. The chicken kebab was particularly nice.

I look forward to the day when the restaurant expands, and it becomes licences or BYO!!

1  Thank BorisBrisbane

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Love all the stews. Green rice is the best. True home style cooking. Great service. Excellent for take away too.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Don't be put off by the average decor and takeaway feel of this restaurant as the food was fantastic. We had the eggplant dip for entree which was Yum and the lamb shank for mains was also Yum! It is a popular place to eat and we were lucky to get a table. I had not had Persian before and was not disappointed. The restaurant would be great for groups and families but the atmosphere would not suit a romantic dinner nor is it a fine dining experience. Would definitely recommend it and will go back when next at the Gold Coast.

1  Thank Parto69
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We ordered a number of dishes, including the eggplant, the mixed kebab, and the lamb shank, the soup of the day (chicken & barley) along with persian teas. The lamb shank was tender and tasty (very good), the eggplant (average), and the mixed kebab (over priced and disappointing). We returned the beef kabab since it was so tough, acknowledged by the Manager, who replaced it with another lamb kebab. The soup of the day was disappointing and lacking taste, so we left this. We also ordered a pumpkin soup, only to be told that it was unavailable. The bread was served cold. And, after ordering another persian tea, we were surprised that all the very small teas were charged as extra on the bill, notwithstanding that one was given free due to our poor experience with eh beef kabob.
Although disappointing, we will try other choices one more time in the hope we have a better experience.

ErfanJ, Guest Relations Manager at Shiraz Authentic Persian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Robert,
Our kind and honest reviewer,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you sincerely for being very kind with us although, your dining experience didn't meet your expectations.

Please do NOT consider the following to be excuses. We believe that you always have the right to receive the best possible food quality and service in our restaurant. Below, I am sharing some simple reasons why things didn't go well as they should.

Tuesday lunch is usually very quiet, I should have staffed the restaurant in a way that would have enabled us to handle larger crowds (as we were still in between the Easter and Anzac day holidays). In retrospect, I should have seen this coming and planned accordingly.

Furthermore, our wonderful suppliers which are usually very supportive and helpful, did not cooperate with us during this period and we had late deliveries during the holiday period. I had no choice but to buy and pickup our supplies personally during this holiday. On the day you dined at our restaurant, I had just arrived at the shop after doing some shopping. Upon arriving, I noticed that all my tables were full and I only had one chef and one waitress. It took me 20 minutes to help my team and get things back to normal (including checking on your table and offering the minced lamb). Meanwhile, you were almost finished with your meal and asked for the cheque. I honestly was so busy with handling the crowd that I forgot to review your bill.

Nonetheless, I take full responsibility for not having planned enough staff members to assist for that shift. Doing so would have prevented almost all of the disappointments you experienced.

You are absolutely right about the kebab quality, soup quality and the coldness of bread. As for the eggplant, I am not sure what exactly was wrong with it. (Please let me know next time you visit :)

I look forward too meeting you very soon at Shiaz.

Erfan J
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2014

For a non-persian, I found the quality of food superb, and cleanliness and service of staff impressive. Prices were affordable especially if sharing food with friends. Been there at least 4 times and would definitely visit again!