“Really liked it:)”

and 1 more site!
Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort
Reviewed May 31, 2012

After my experience at another hostel in the city i was glad to find this awesome hostel the staff were awesome. the rooms were verry clean and tidy deffently recomend this place to freinds. the bar in this hostel was verry cheep and afordable. great view of Q1 and just a 10 min walk from the beach.

Room Tip: it is all awesome
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Had a great stay at this hostel in Dec 2011, we were here for 3 nights and had a 6 bed room (there were 4 of us travelling!) Bit of a walk from the hostel to the town, but there was a bus going to and from town every 30 mins! The staff were friendly and we enjoyed the free Wifi (when it worked...!)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My partner and I spent 3 days at Surfers Paradise Backpackers over the Easter holidays. We booked into a 6-bed dorm over the phone. This hostel is in a more residential area of surfers so if you want to be in the centre then this will not be for you.

Pros:

-Lovely, quiet downstairs area with TV and full-size ping-pong table
-Own bathroom in each dorm
-Bar with great Happy Hour prices
-Friendly staff
-Pub crawls/drinking activities every night for those who want it - means it's nice and quiet for everyone who wants to sleep
-Nice pool
-Plenty of outdoor seating
-Tennis/basketball/volleyball court
-Very short walk to lifeguarded section of the beach - although this is not to the same standard as the sections of beach nearer the centre

Cons:

-Although we had booked into a 6-bed dorm they had squeezed an extra single bed into the dorm so on the first night there were 7 of us. The seventh arrived extremely drunk at 2am and turned the light on. Not a great start to our break! When we enquired at reception we were told that they are only 6-bed dorms when quiet. We would have appreciated knowing this - especially as we still paid the same! Also, the 7th bed was placed in front of the ladder for one of the bunk beds making it impossible to climb up!
-A fair walk out of the centre along a very busy road
-Although there is a mini-bus to and from town the last one is at 5pm. This is a bit frustrating as the theme parks close at 5pm so by the time you have got a bus from there to where the mini-bus picks up from, you have missed it!
-The communal toilets are locked at 9pm so anyone watching TV or socialising outsider past this time must go to their dorm to use the toilet - waking everyone up
-Only two hobs in the kitchen which worked so big queues come dinner time!

I wouldn't personally stay here again as I would rather be somewhere more central. But if you just want somewhere to crash for a few nights and are happy to travel then it will be fine!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

When I arrived I found out that I had been booked in for the wrong date but they were so helpful, the dorm was fully booked so they gave me a free upgrade to one of the little apartments. The hostel was really clean, the rooms and the bathrooms were cleaned everyday even the fridges in the kitchen were cleaned everyday. They had a nice little tv room in the garage which was used a lot as unfortunately we had rubbish weather. The staff were all really friendly and they organised nights out which seemed reasonably priced. The location was not too bad as there was a free shuttle to the centre though walking wasnt too far. I would definitely recommend this hostel as it had one of the best atmospheres and there wasn't anything bad I could say.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I moved from another backpackers to this one, glad I did!! There is a nice atmosphere and the staff are helpful and fun

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed here for 9 nights... I paid a bit more for me and my friend to stay in a twin room in a shared apartment (worth the money). The apartment was clean enough and had kitchen facilities etc. The beds were so uncomfortable...I don't know what sort of mattresses they have but it felt like I was sleeping on metal poles. My friends and the people sharing our apartment agreed with this point - it wasn't just me with a dodgy bed.

The pool was cool, the bar was cool, free wifi was awesome (rare to find in Aus). The staff were really friendly and the free nights out were a bonus.

It was a long walk to and from the main town but they run a complimentary bus ever hour until 5pm which was good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Decent place. Clean, good pool, cheap bar, free shuttle and wifi. Planned on staying 2 nights but stayed for a week

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Budds in Surfers
Budds in Surfers
#110 of 123 in Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise YHA at Main Beach
Surfers Paradise YHA at Main Bea...
#86 of 123 in Surfers Paradise
Backpackers In Paradise
Backpackers In Paradise
#16 of 123 in Surfers Paradise
Bunk Surfers Paradise
Bunk Surfers Paradise
#62 of 354 in Gold Coast

Been to Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort? Share your experiences!