This place is awful. Right from the start it was a bad experience.
There was a total of 5 of us staying there for the night and when we showed up we got 2 room keys (only 3 people allowed in a room). My friends and I go to one room and we find that it is already occupied, dirty dishes and clothes are thrown all over the beds. My other friends go to their room to find out a guy permanently lives there on his own. So we took our sheets and all our stuff back to the lobby and ask them to find us another room. The room was pre-paid as required so we couldn't go anywhere else. The manager found us a room but the lock was broken so he told us to put our luggage in his room while he fixed the door. This was about at 10:00am, we returned about 5pm to a room with no door knob or lock on it! We had no where else to go so reluctantly we agreed to stay there. The manager had said he would refund the cost of two people ($50 in total).
The room had a used water bottle and apple underneath the bed, I wouldn't dare use the pillows. I showered with clothes on and the dirtiest public bathroom you could find would be cleaner then the one there.
To this day I am still waiting for my refund (3 months later). I have called several times and I always got "I'll call the office that does all our returns and ask them to speed it up", that was the same response week after week. I called today and talk to someone and she claimed to be one of the managers. She told me I would have to contact the people who do the returns. I told her that was simply not [--] good enough and she hung up and would not answer another one of my calls. When I finally talked to someone else (Gary-another manager!) he told me I was not to abuse the staff again. He explained that he did not do the returns and they are under new management...again?! When we first stayed there 3 months ago they were under new management and it's happened again?! whats going on here. (Personally I think it's their excuse to have the horrible business and get away with it!). All in all they feel its fine to use and abuse the customers and have little respect for anyone but themselves.
Overall, horrible rooms, awfully rude staff, nothing but a bed to sleep on...this place is disgusting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, have a beer and play a friendly game of pool, watch the game on our large plasma TV or party it up with other backpackers in our fully licensed bar. Our friendly and fun staff will make sure you enjoy your stay on the Gold Coast with special activity nights, such as bbq's, pool competitions, drink specials and more. At Gold Coast International Backpackers it's Happy Hour every night so you can make new friends and save some money before going out to the clubs!!On site we have a fully licensed bar, secure underground parking, a fully equipped self-serve kitchen,self serve laundry facilities, a large bbq area, free pool, a comfy lounge area, darts, cheap internet, free Wi-Fi, and a free booking service for all the major theme parks.ALSO the bonus of having YOUR OWN PRIVATE ENSUITES AND BALCONY in every room with a max per room of only 4 people. Very female friendly!Accommodation InformationIf you are looking to meet great people and create great memories then this is the place to be! At the Gold Coast International Backpackers we will make your stay one to remember!Amenities:Free Wi-Fi no limitsTowels for Hire / SaleFree Pool TableBBQFully Equipped kitchenLinen IncludedCommon RoomFree ParkingTours/Travel deskLicensed BarOutdoor TerraceEvent NightsReception Open from 7:00am to 10:30pm*ALL GUESTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER**At time of check-in all guests must present an International Passport and a valid credit card.***Please note we do not accept schoolies, any schoolies bookings made will not be honoured and may not be subject to a refund.**We will be closed on Christmas day and New Years Day therefore will not be able to accept any check-ins / outs on these days. Please do not book these days as we will not be able to honour them.WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Gold Coast International Backpacker Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Coast International Backpacker Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Gold Coast International Backpacker Resort Surfers Paradise