I stayed three nights at the Surfers YHA and found a few problems with it. The hostel itself is too far away from Surfers Paradise so you cannot take full advantage of surfers without taking a bus into town. There is only four shuttles into tone and back a day and they finish at 4pm.
The hostels facilities are very tired and old compared to other YHA hostels I have stayed in. It is coming into summer now with average temps of 30*c and the mattress is covered in a rubber material which squeaks and rattles every time you move in the bed and they are not very comfortable. The bedroom & bathroom facilities are very tired and could both do with an update.
A massive positive for the hostel though is the staff. They are fantastic and always willing to help you out and made staying in the hostel acceptable.
The surrounding shops and restaurants are very high end establishments and are not suited to travellers wallets. There is a couple of bars on the wharf that do 5 dollars schooners for Carlton Draft which is a benefit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is something for every backpacker at Surfers Paradise YHA hostel; white sandy beaches, 24 hour shopping, theme parks (Seaworld down the road) and national parks, adrenalin kicks on the ground, in the air and underwater, city sights and rainforest hinterland. Surfers Paradise is all about action, excitement and adventure! The YHA Travel desk at reception offers a wide range of activities and tours. There is also a free Wifi Hot Spot (Wifi Plus also available). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Surfers Paradise YHA at Main Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Yha At Main Beach Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise YHA At Main Beach Gold Coast