Backpackers In Paradise
The Breakers(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$196
$167
Hotels.com
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$105
$93
  • Beachfront
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$255
$139
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$109
$85
  • Restaurant
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
$306
$204
Agoda.com
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$195
$151
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$259
$115
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$162
$156
  • Pool
All reviewscheap drinksbeer pongping pongbig nighttable tennisclean kitchencleaned every dayenjoyed my staysun deckbig poolcommon areasrecommend staying hereminute walk to the beachthe gold coaststayed here for nightsmain beachgreat facilities
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Came over for a holiday and with a small budget for accommodation we came across the backpackers and had read amazing reviews about the backpackers but I thought it was average because the bed was so uncomfortable, the shower and toilet were a bit dirty as well I just thought it was a bit over priced for what it was. The atmosphere in the outdoor was pretty good and the location was handy also but the room was a bit disappointing for the price.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Markus_bip, Manager at Backpackers In Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a response, We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with our accommodation and will take all your feedback on board. We hope you will return for another stay with us in the near future.
From all the time here at Backpackers in paradise :)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had a great stay, over last weekend. We came up as a group for a birthday & had a ball, it's like 2 mins walk from cavill ave . The room was air-conditioned which was great & also had en-suite!! I've done a fair bit of travelling and this was a pleasant surprise. The staff were great aswell, the girls forgot to bring shampoo & it was too late to buy any so the surfy guy behind reception went and gave us his & bought it up to the room!! Things like that go a long way.

I highly recommend this hostel for the reasons above. Thanks for everything guys.

Room Tip: Ask ALEX ( blonde hair ) , he knows everything about the rooms etc .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the reception staff helpful. We hope this means you will be staying with us again in the near future! Safe travels.
From our team at the Backpackers in paradise :)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst traveling the east coast and it was one of the worst hostels I stayed in. Very dirty our bathroom made you feel dirtier after you had used it, doors that wouldn't lock or unlock. The whole place is in need of a big revamp. We also didn't enjoy the loud dance music played outside our room by the bar from very early in the morning. There are much nicer hostels in this area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response, we are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and appreciate the feedback. All this will be taken into account. Happy travels!
From all the team here at Backpackers in paradise :)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed here during main season for 2 night in a double with connected ensuite. Over the last 2 years we stayed in about 50 different backpackers/hostels in New Zealand and Australia, this one was the lowest value for money of all of these. Furthermore I have stayed at 6 different places in Surfer's over the last year and this one was the worst.

To put things straight. Overall it is an average hostel and I have not seen the dorms. But there were some things going on that totally upset us and I consider legally questionable:

1. We thought we booked a double ensuite. At check-in we learned it is a double with connecting ensuite (ok, not the hostels fault). From 50+ stays in hostels, this meant double room and across the floor a bathroom for private use... Not in this place. We were told that we have to share our "connecting ensuite" with up to 8 people in total. Ridiculous. This is very questionable and in no way this is allowed to be called ensuite. It is simply a shared bathroom. Fullstop. Just to make things more clear, people in small dorms had 4 guests per bathroom, we had eight. Dear owner, do not continue to call this (connecting) ensuite - otherwise this is "misleading" and not acceptable.

2. At check-in we were told that no own alcohol is allowed on the premises. Just because the owner runs a bar and tries to make as much money possible with it. I have never been prohibited to bring my own alcohol. While it is ok to prohibit own alcohol around the bar, it shouldn't be prohibited everywhere. This also has some legal implications. The hostel does not allow to bring (not just drink) alcohol on the hostel grounds. This is only legally ok, if very clearly mentioned at the time of booking, NOT just by telling at check-in. If I arrive by bus, what should I do with my alcohol? Throw it away? Furthermore, this supposingly "cheap" stay can turn pretty expensive if you buy all your drinks off the bar.

In general, our room was small, but reasonably clean. Of course there were hairs and stains on the sheets, but this problem have other hostels as well. The room was terribly hot, the fan hardly helped.
The shared bathroom was incredibly smelly, although it indeed was cleaned every day. Not sure were the strong urin smell came from but we ended up rather going to a public toilet than to our "connecting ensuite" bathroom.
Kitchen seemed to be cleaned daily, but inbetween it was very dirty as all guests left their dishes whereever it fit them. Fridges were dirty. We didn't want to use them.
As it is a party backpackers, it was very loud until 10.30pm, but we expected that so it was fine.

On the positive side: when we complained that the drain in the shower was blocked, there was someone getting it fixed within minutes. Location is good as well.

We paid $85 a night and this was incredibly overpriced. Usually you get 4 star hotels (even in peak season) from around $105. Can recommend Vibe and Outrigger.
This place should, in my view, not charge more than $50-$60 per night for a double and drop this stupid alcohol regulation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Markus_bip, Manager at Backpackers In Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hi there Josef S, Firstly I would like to thank you for leaving a response, we take all reviews very seriously as this feedback enables us to better our product & the experiences of our valuable guests. We have a bar at the hostel so we have to adhere to liquor licencing regulations set by the government, this prevents us allowing people to b.y.o into the hostel, very similar to all bars & nightclubs where you cannot either. The bar creates a great atmosphere in the hostel & it's something were often complimented on.

We are really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay & if you come back to the coast please be sure to let us know as we would really appreciate the opportunity to look after you next time around. Send an e-mail directly to my self & I will ensure this at manager@backpackersinparadise.com

Kind regards & our best wishes with your travels :).

Markus.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My travel south the East Coast made me stay one night in Surfer. I booked in a 10 bed dorm and I finally land in a 4 bedroom, that I really appreciate ! The room was clean and there was a small bathroom inside aswell. The bathroom was not that clean but for one night it was okay.
Locker in the room.
My roomat was very friendly, as the staff.
I had a nice but quick stay there !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MorganjaS

Hi there, thank you very much for leaving such a great review!

Its a true pleasure for myself & all the staff here to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as its something we work very hard to ensure. The party scene & social aspects are areas we try to push & for this reason hearing your review was great.

Thanks again & enjoy your travels :)

Markus.,