Just finished my 6 nights at this hostel, though it is not the cleanest I had an amazing time with the staff all being welcoming. At times some would be in bad moods but I guess thats just how it goes. The movie theatre is great, though I don't understand why its shut down at 600pm even with people asking to watch movies.. instead they blast music to promote their $6 beers. That was one of my problems, being 5 months into travelling I cannot afford to pay such a price to have a good time. (As we are not allowed to bring our own liquor on premises)
Our bathroom was definetly not the best, flush didnt work and shower was barely working but hey it did the job. If your a backpacker you will make due with anything.
All in all, I had an amazing stay its just a little rough around the edges but the $5 nights out are great and the whole hostel gets into it. The $30 wednesday and saturday nights out were out of my price range but people seemed to enjoy.
My only big problem was returning from the bar at 3am on my last night, the night guard wouldnt even let me sit down on the couch and have a bottle of water due to the fact that the common area is shut from midnight on. I fully understand these rules but as he is shuffling me up the stairs I notice a table of about 6 people sitting around talking yet he is not bothered with them at all because they were his friends...
So let me get this straight. your friends can stay up but I cant sit down and have a drink of water?
I was told "f**k you" numerous times and hey, I'm a customer whos paying 25 bucks a night to be told to f**k off?
All in all that was my only problem which had nothing to do with the rest of the hostel. But management seriously needs to deal with the way he talks to people because i found it disgusting.
I did make amazing friends, a few workers - it is a good hostel but just needs some fine tuning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpackers in Paradise is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise close to the beaches, night life, shopping and only 100 metres walk from the Bus Terminal. We offer travellers a fun and inviting place to stay in the perfect location to see and do everything the Gold Coast has to offer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Backpackers In Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers In Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Backpackers In Paradise Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise