staff- the Males at reception were helpful and nice. The female was useless and incredibly rude. Her phone manner was disgusting and i avoided reception if she was there! the restaurant staff were RUDE and USELESS all bar one of the younger girls and the breakfast cook, they were lovely. infact one of the staff approached my partner and asked "why are you eating, its not your name on the hotel room" um.... every other day the bill was signed at the end.. we went to another hotel for buffet breakfast where the staff was nicer, more of a variety of food, pancakes as the pancake machine never worked, and it was cheaper!
Rooms: WERE AWFUL!! we booked a fully self contained apartment.. except it had no toaster, or cooking facilities and a bar fridge.. im so glad we didnt bring children! the bathroom is massive and has room for a washing machine and dryer although if you want to do your washing you have to use the communal laundry and PAY for it.. not impressed! The room smelt and the hallways were worse.. the fire alarm went spastic multiple times and we kept getting told it was a false alarm..... 5-10 mins later.. no one new what was going on.. lack of organisation big time. Pillows were horrible, didnt sleep the first night, although when i mentioned it to the cleaner she quickly replaced them.. if the reception lady was as nice as the cleaners this would be a much better place.
the sheets were not changed while we were there, although the towels were daily.. however if you wanted beach towels replaced we were told you had to ask for them..?
Pool was nice, as was the spa... Gym was a treadmill and bike... there was no GYM! my partner and i are training for a body building competition and needed a gym.. we were told to go to fitness first in southport and pay $22.00 each per session... although the website advertised a gym...
location was ok i guess... but as my 6th time visiting the gold cost this place wasnt worth the money..
wouldnt ever come back here and dont recommended anyone else to... its not as good as it looks! I was very disappointed.. this place should be rated as 3 star accommodation at the most..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise