Like another reviewer, we booked this as a 'Mystery Hotel' on Wotif.com $80 a night (if you see a Mystery "4.5 star" Hotel for $80 in Surfers Paradise, it WILL be the Sovereign). We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment on the ground floor. Yes, the decor was very old, as was the furniture and appliances. Yes, the carpet was old and had extensive patchwork and other damage. Yes, there was a 'stale' scent in our room but I think that was because the room was right next to the pool and restaurant and the doors were probably always closed to keep out the noise. We found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The bedroom was very comfortable and spacious but was very tired in its presentation. The only annoyance I had was the amount of noise one could hear from the hallway. Given the clientele that $80 a night attracts, it did get somewhat loud in the evening. Fortunately the bedroom had sliding doors that did block out excess sound. But the one thing that I was most impressed with was how incredibly clean the room was. I couldn't find any fault in any area (and I did go looking...). Overall, it is very basic, but for $80 (cheaper than a motel after all), I couldn't complain. It's not for everyone, and it definitely isn't 4.5 star, but if you want to stay here, look for it on Wotif.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise