Booked this hotel for a 4 night stay under the premise of it being 4 1/2 star accomodation, wow what a joke. Cane furniture in 2009 is not 4 1/2 star. Old school tube tv's in 2009 are not 41/2 star nor are stained carpet filthy spa's freezing cold pools missing light fittings peeling paint holes in walls and dirty sheets. I am not a review writer normally so for me to be on here says something. I demanded a new room to which he obligded and upgraded us to a 1 bedroom apartment with a kitchen. Still not up to our standard so we booked a room at meriton apartments in broadbeach (which is a much nicer part of the coast than surfers) for 89 a night, absolutly beautiful 5 star self contained unit. Don't listen to the good reviews on this hotel they would be from staff trying to keep there hotel busy and therefore keep there jobs! DON'T STAY HERE DON'T STAY HERE DON'T STAY HERE DON'T STAY HERE DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splitty, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise