After a nightmare beginning to our little getaway we went looking for alternative accommodation. (Dont stay at the Breakfree Aloha) We walked into the reception at Australis and asked if they had any rooms available. The guy showed us a ground floor unit and compared to what we had just experienced it was perfect. The room was large and spacious, it had AIRCONDITIONING. We had a little courtyard which was quite large as well, perfect place for a cigarette.
We included breakfast in our 3 night stay and found it quite lovely, there was plenty of choices, and the food was nice, although I hate filtered coffee at the best of times, this one wasnt too bad tho.
The staff were very pleasant and friendly, and very accommodating to our requests. We had dinner from the restaurant a couple of times, and it was great food with great service again.
Its interesting to read the reviews of this place, some finding it as great as we did, and some who absolutely hated it. I would highly recommend the place to anyone. The one point that wasnt that great was the location, a good 10-15 minute walk to the shopping centre and beach, but its a lovely walk anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise