Booked a 2 bedroom apartment for a week with my teenage daughters. The set up was perfect for us. Rooms 628-629. Sixth floor. We were a bit confused when we first walked in through the "airlock" as only one door. Then it split into to separate rooms. Both with their own doors. Room 1 was the main room with double bed, lounge, dining table, kitchenette, bathroom with toilet and shower over bath, air con & own balcony. Double glass doors opened up to Pacific ocean glimpses & views of Surfers Paradise skyline. Double Bed was comfortable with additional blankets and pillows if required. Ceiling fan also in bedroom which was nice as if you opened the window it could be a bit noisy from the street below. Kitchenette had dishwasher, sink, toaster and kettle, 2 x small fridges, (one fridge in bedroom with two single beds) and microwave. All crockery and cutlery provided. Nice lamps gave good ambiance. Air con was a bit noisy but no real issue, air con unit was on balcony and blew hot air on you if you sat too close. Balcony had chairs and small table. Room 2 had two single beds (comfortable) with own air con, balcony and balcony furniture as well. It also had it's own bathroom with toilet and shower. Both bathrooms had hair dryers. Unit had iron and ironing board. In built wardrobes in both. No laundry. Hotel was just out of the main part of surfers paradise but only a 10-15 minute walk on the beach or by road to Cavill Mall strip. Bus shuttle pick up to theme parks directly outside of hotel. The staff at reception were helpfully and friendly. Hotel restaurant was very nice with a good choice of food at reasonable prices. Waiters were very polite and helpfull. Foyer had all tourist brochures and rooms were made up daily as we requested this by tags on the doors, fresh towels as required. The hotel had a pool, spa bath outside and a small gym. All very good. Wifi available at a cost. If I had to pick on something I would say the the rooms we stayed in looked at some stage to have had water damage and a bit of shoddy repair work. The plaster at floor level in the main bedroom was gaping and split. This was behind the bed and not really noticeable. Also the carpet in lounge had a bit of a water mark on it. This was a good choice of hotel for us and the price was right. I'd recommend for short stay and would come back. Not 5 star but definitely 3 and a half. We enjoyed our time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise