Was greeted rudely by staff at reception. I was then told my room was not ready when checking in at 12pm and would be called when the room was ready. Did not receive a call but found room to be ready when we returned at 4 pm.
The whole 4.5 star is a joke and it would be lucky to be a 3 star. The hotel is run down and looks like it hasn't be refurbished since it opened at least over 10 years ago. We had iron burn marks all over the bedroom carpet, the furniture is old and uncomfortable. Even though the rooms are severely outdated i found them to be clean and the housekeppers were pleasant when servicing the rooms.
The A/c was not working on arrival however maintenance promptly came to fix it.
When speaking to the young female shift manager about the state of our room we found her to be unreasonable and of little help and not to mention rude. We did however speak to another manager upon our checkout and found him to be pleasant and professional.
The hotel is in a great location however the rooms are way overpriced for what you get.
Overall I'm disappointed and the hotel should be ashamed of the quality of their rooms. Hopefully they ditch the old and come in with the new like the rest of the hotels on the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise