My husband and I stayed here recently for two nights while at the Gold Coast. It was a bit of a mixed experience...
- Check-in staff were friendly and helpful
- Location: easy 10-15 walk to the beach and the main streets and shops of Surfer's Paradise
- Soft drinks, snacks, umbrellas and other essential items are available for purchase in the lobby area.
- We had booked a standard room. It was very spacious and included a kitchen area (fridge, toaster, microwave and dinning table), a living area (1 lounge, 2 chairs, coffee table and television). The bedroom (which is separate from the living area) was also quite large and the bed was reasonably comfortable.
- Our room was on the 5th floor and so we had a pretty nice view over the city.
- The furniture is quite dated.
- There was a musty smell in the room - I assume it's probably due to the old furniture.
- Cockroaches!!!! When we arrived, I spotted a fairly large cockroach (4-5cm in size). I searched the rest of the place and didn't see any more and overall the room looked very clean so I didn't worry about it. However, when I turned the light on in the kitchen area in the morning, I saw another (smaller) one and on further inspection of the kitchen drawers, found probably another 8-10 little ones. For this reason alone, I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise