We requested a room with sea views and air conditioning. Although there were no guarantees we would get such a room, we were lucky enough to have our request fulfilled (with Foxtel too!). This may have been helped by booking 5 months in advance. We were on level 21 facing the Esplanade and had the best views of Surfers Paradise one could hope for. We were lucky we got a room with A/C because the days were hot and the nights were warm, although on many afternoons there was a lovely sea breeze and there were big sliding doors that opened onto the balcony to let the breeze in. The balcony was sensational, giving an almost 270 degree view, and overlooking the pools and other highrises, as well as a long stretch of beach.
The room was spacious and well equipped. Although the bathrooms were dated, they were clean and functional, with the main one having a washing machine and drier. The kitchen was modern and could easily be used for cooking all meals if necessary, with a dishwasher to help clean up. The lounge/dining area was large and would easily cater for 6 people, with the only downside being the stained carpet, but with the amount of travellers it sees it was understandable. Perhaps a darker colour would be a better choice.
The pools were excellent (also an indoor pool and spa) and catered for everyone, with shallower pools for children and deeper ones for those who could swim. We spent many hours in the pools or lazing on the many banana lounges provided. The grounds surrounding the pools were lush and well maintained and included a playground, bbq area and tennis courts. Just outside the gate and across the road was a patrolled surf beach and it was a short walk to Cavill Ave and lots of dining/shopping. If that was too much trouble, just around the corner were several restaurants, bottle shops and convenience stores for those lazy evenings. Secure underground parking was also very handy, although we walked much of the time anyway.
I read all the reviews for the Peninsula before booking but could not say a bad word about our service or accommodation. It is certainly not the cheapest place to stay so I can see why people might complain about the 1980s bathroom styles or whatever else, but a lot has to do with the people who own the units and how they choose to maintain/renovate them. All the communal areas such as reception, lobby and grounds were in excellent condition. I would say as long as you had A/C and good views (strongly request a high floor with sea views) you can live with the rest. Having a fully self-contained unit can save a lot on dining out and the proximity to everything and unbelievable views certainly outweigh the brown bathroom tiles and stained carpet. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering family friendly facilities and the perfect getaway atmosphere, BreakFree Peninsula is the perfect location for your next holiday. **PLEASE NOTE** Air-conditioning is on request/subject to availability. For your convenience we cannot accept bookings for same day arrivals outside of reception hours. Please phone during normal business hours prior to arrival to arrange after hours check in. Once a booking has been made we accept NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS to that booking. Party Policy: • Parties are not permitted in apartments • Registered guests only are permitted in apartments after 10pm • Excessive noise will not be tolerated Failure to comply with the above will result in the eviction of the guest/from the property. The property reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. BreakFree Peninsula Lift and Lobby refurbishment will take place between 1/8/17 until 1/12/17, between levels 1- 46. We apologise in advance for the inconvenience this may cause. *clearance 1.9 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise