The location is perfect, I can not fault it at all. Near Cavill Avenue where food and shopping are abundant yet not too close to be bothered by noise and people traffic, the hotel's location is definite plus. I particularly loved mornings waking up to a breathtaking view from my apartment at 21C. I also enjoy walking along the beach going to and from Cavill at night for dinner. And commute was fairly easy with bus stops just a couple of blocks from the hotel. What more can i ask?
The apartment is huge and comfortable, though quite dated especially the rooms. It only has 2 aircons for the lounge area and the master's bedroom, so my sons felt stuffy and warm in the other room despite the cool autumn nights. I can just imagine how difficult sleep can be during summer. The 4 nights we stayed at Breakfree Peninsula, my sons slept just one night in the room and the remainder at the lounge area. Oh, and the washing machine was busted the whole time we were there. Someone came in to supposedly repair it but it was not resolved at all. Hot water was also fickle as it comes and goes. Imagine being splashed with really hot or really cold water in the middle of a morning shower. Ugh.
All that remained bearable though since the apartment view is truly quite exceptional. What irked me the most though is the level of customer service, or lack thereof. Bad, bad, bad. :( They weren't rude, just detached and unhelpful. Maybe it's because the place is a self-service apartment? No room cleaning during the duration of our stay after all. So we were all on our own.
It was an overall great holiday, and I would still recommend the hotel to friends. Just don't expect much service. But the independence did help. Everyone pitched in and we were able to keep the place relatively clean. :) That's a big improvement for my kiddos. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Surfers Paradise Esplanade, BreakFree Peninsula offers sweeping views from the Gold Coast hinterland to the wide expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Just 100 metres to the beach and 600 meters to the retail and dining hub of Cavill Avenue, the resort offers quality, affordable accommodation ideal for a weekend getaway or family holiday. Accommodation options include One, Two and Three-bedroom Apartments, most with stunning ocean views. If you want to pay a small amount more you can live it up Surfers Paradise style in the Two Bedroom Deluxe Ocean Apartments that have been completely refurbished. All apartments feature their own balcony, ceiling fans, hair dryer, in-room safe, Foxtel, security access and intercom, wireless Internet access (at a charge) and full kitchen and laundry facilities. Onsite there are many facilities to choose from including three swimming pools, children's wading pool and playground, heated spa, sauna, gymnasium, tennis court, BBQ facilities and in-room massage. Located just down the road from Cavill Mall, the shopping and dining hub of Surfers Paradise, and close to all the action of Surfers Paradise. Directly opposite the beach, BreakFree Peninsula offers family friendly facilities and the perfect location for your Surfers Paradise escape. **PLEASE NOTE** Air-conditioning is available in some apartments only. Hence it is on request but subject to availability. For your convenience we cannot accept bookings for same day arrivals outside of reception hours. Please phone during normal business hours prior to arrival to arrange after hours check in. Once a booking has been made we accept NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS to that booking. Party Policy: • Parties are not permitted in apartments • Registered guests only are permitted in apartments after 10pm • Excessive noise will not be tolerated Failure to comply with the above will result in the eviction of the guest/from the property. The property reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise