“Great views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Breakfree Peninsula

Canberra, Australia
“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at Penninsula several times over the years.... I think you have to be lucky with the apartment you get. Our previous visit we were in 30D and it was amazing. This visit we were in 11C, great views, kitchen and bathroom have been updated but the rest of the apartment is pretty ordinary. Pools and gardens are great and Margaret was helpful as always.

Room Tip: Ask for Apartment 30D!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adil1, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear 262Liza,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay again with us. The views from our spacious apartments is amazing and I will share your comments about our helpful staff with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner again to Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit here.

Breakfree Peninsula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went on holiday to Surfers Paradise along with daughter and her 9 year old twin boys. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment and hoped we would have a nice view - well, from the 32nd floor where we were situated, the view was amazing over the ocean with windows on three sides of the loungeroom. The apartment itself was very nice with everything we needed for our stay. The main bathroom was a little dated but perfectly clean and serviceable. the washing machine and dryer are in the main bathroom and we made use of both during our stay. The main bedroom had it's own ensuite which was really convenient since there were 5 of us. My daughter commented that she could quite easily live there permanently.

Being so close to everything meant a short walk to Cavill Avenue or to the Surf Club for some meals though we did do breakfast in the apartment each morning. A shopping jeep (one of those shopping bags on wheels) was found in the cupboard near the door but we didn't know about it until too late - it certainly would have helped when we did a bit of grocery shopping at IGA just up the road a bit.

My daughter and her children made good use of the indoor pool but if the weather had been warmer, I'm sure they'd have enjoyed the outdoor pools which looked really nice. Lots of fun was had in the indoor spa attached to the indoor pool. The gardens are well tended and the bbq area looked inviting.

Staff at reception were very helpful and booked our theme park tickets and shuttle bus which arrived on time each time.

I would highly recommend the Peninsula Apartments and feel confident that you'd have a really great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Irene F,

Thank you for posting a detailed review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

It is pleasing to hear that you and your family had a great time at Breakfree Peninsula in our spacious two bedroom apartment with expansive ocean views on the 32nd floor. All our apartments are fully self-contained with full kitchen and laundry facilities.

I am happy to hear that you and your family made good use of the indoor pool and the heated spa. Our extensive facilities which include BBQs, tennis courts, sauna, gymnasium and swimming pools cater very well for families.

I am delighted to hear your comments about our helpful staff. Guests satisfaction is paramount to us and we strive to ensure that all our guests have a enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for highly recommending us to fellow travelers and I look forward to welcoming you and your family at Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in BreakFree Peninsula for 6 months. Me and my family lived on the 6th floor and had quite nice ocean view as well. So I think I had more than enough time to get acquainted with the infrastructure and staff. Manager Adil has always been very helpful and resolved all our issues.
Sometimes it’s just interesting to read some reviews, especially negative, about the property you’re about to rent, which I did before moving in. I read some negative reviews of people complaining about Margaret at the reception being arrogant, etc. – I can tell you for sure that she was very NICE and POLITE with me and other 3 members of my family at all times and we never had any problem with her or other staff members. A lot of people complain about poor condition of some apartments, but you have to understand that the managers only manage some apartments in this building, the owners of which would like to rent/lease them out and they can only ADVISE the owners that it might be a good idea to have something replaced. At the end of the day it’s the owner’s decision if they want to buy a new air-conditioning or a sofa bed or a new electric stove, etc.
The other staff members have also been friendly and respectful. In some hotels security tries to look intimidating but that’s not the case with Peninsula. One of their chief security guys Rick has been great and friendly with my family and other people at all times (plus I am sure he can handle any security situation in the building easily).
Honestly, there is nothing for me to complain about. The infrastructure is one of the best on the Gold Coast. They have one indoor swimming pool with very warm water, two saunas (men’s and women’s), two outdoors swimming pools (one of them is almost 3 meters deep) AND a really good gym – good because there are not too many hotels on the Gold Coast that I know of with a gym that has free weights, which was important for me. The people in the building are quite decent as well. You don’t get to see drunkards, etc… If someone is bothering you making too much noise, etc., you just let the manager know and they will take care of it and, as a result, the noise will subside at the drop of a hat
In any way, having a positive attitude to things and taking it easy can make a big difference in your holidays!

Room Tip: Be nice to the managers and ask for an A or F room:)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SerLev
Adil1, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hi SergeLeo,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your long stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

It has been a pleasure to have you and your family as our long term tenants. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here and made good use of our extensive facilities. it is pleasing to hear your comments about our friendly and helpful staff. I will pass this on to our team.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Breakfree Peninsula again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have stayed at Breakfree Peninsula two years in a row and plan on going back again this year. We are a family of five and I would highly recommend them. The staff were friendly, the amenities were great and the location was fantastic. When we plan our trips to Surfers Paradise we don't even bother to look at other places to stay as Peninsula has everything we need. We will continue going away and will continue staying a BreakFree Peninsula. Thanks to the staff for making our holidays memorable and stress free!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reagan W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

I am glad that you and your family have always enjoyed your stay with us and are planning on your next visit too. Our location, spacious apartments with breathtaking views, extensive common area facilities and the friendly staff all make Breakfree Peninsula the ideal holiday accommodation choice.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family again this year at Breakfree Peninsula.

Rokewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We are farmers out west in Vic, when we want a break we go to Surfers. We always stay at Peninsula Apartments and have done so for the last 25/30 years. High quality apartments,recently updated to luxury, exceptional facilities, right on the beach, a brief walk to Surfers central. We usually stay on an upper level because the staff know we like that, the view is uninterupted up the beach or down the beach. A particular feature of Peninsula which we value is the family freindly staff who are genuine people not robots like some apartment staff who could not care less about you once you have made the booking and paid. Adil Fitter booking Manager, Margaret his able body assistant, Sarah, Brenda, apartment maintance manager these are real people who will get to know you as people yourself and if anything and I say anything does not satisfy you they will change it.
I can't wait for our next break in Sep before shearing.
David and Vilma Jenkins Rokewood Vic.

Room Tip: ring up direct after you have made your booking and tell them you are coming and what you would like...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear David and Vilma,

Thank you so much for posting such a fabulous review on Trip Advisor.

As regular guests of Breakfree Peninsula, I welcome your feedback. It is pleasing to hear your comments about our spacious apartments and its facilities, our location and our friendly & guest focussed staff. I will share this motivating feedback with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Breakfree Peninsula in September.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We change our accommodation at the last minute from another apartment building to this one on reviews that we had read, but were very disappointed, the apartment was dated and not very clean the en suite was dirty and the couch was stained, we brought our own plastic cups as the glasses and crockery were not very clean. The sliding doors on the ranch slider rattled all night in the wind and were not clean. We have stayed on the a couple of times now and would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 19F very outdated and not clean, the only good thing about this apartment was the vie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 99chelle
Dear 99chelle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the standard of the room that you were allocated. I also regret the shortcomings in service that you have reported from housekeeping. I will pass on your feedback to our Housekeeping Supervisor for appropriate corrective action.

However, none of the concerns which you have raised were brought to our attention during your stay. I can assure you that our friendly team would have taken immediate corrective action and moved you and your family to another apartment, if required.

Once again, my sincere apologies for your less than ideal stay with us.

Forest Creek, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We had an apartment on 20th floor with fantastic views down the beach to Cavil Ave. The apartment was clean. Tastefully furnished and well equipped. Reception staff were pleasant and helpful. I had stayed there almost 30 years ago so was expecting it to show signs of age but not so. Was also very impressed by cleanliness of common areas and garbage room and shute on our level. It is a short walk to main shopping area, supermarket and restaurants. The weather let us down but did not spoil the holiday.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Errol S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a great stay at Breakfree Peninsula. It is pleasing to hear your comments about our spacious apartments with ocean views and our friendly and helpful staff.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.