We have just returned from our week long Gold Coast holiday, with our 2 teenagers, and we were absolutely thrilled with our accommodation at the Breakfree Peninsula in Surfers Paradise.
Our first class apartment! - we literally had a brand new (refurbished) 2bed/2bath deluxe apartment (22A) and it was soooooo flash :-). 60 inch TV with Foxtel and a TV in the main bedroom too. King size bed in the main, Stone benchtops and fully decked out kitchen, with soft close doors! The people in before us had busted a toilet door lock, and the guy who renovated the apartment fixed it while we were getting checked in. He said the quality of apartments is a bit of a lucky dip, as some are newly renovated, and others are a bit dingy. When we booked we asked for the best one we could get, and according to the renovator, we pretty much got it! - yay!
The VIEW! - First day we were greeted with Whales surfacing about 50 metres from shore, directly in front of us.
The Location! - just walk straight across the road to the patrolled Beach and only a few corners up the road and you're at Cavill Avenue! The Beachfront Markets are on each Wednesday and Friday, and these are literally at your front door. The Q1 is right next door, you have two outdoor pools and one indoor with a spa (which we never went in because it seemed crazy to go inside when you are at such an awesome place like Surfers!)
Played some Tennis, had a nice BBQ in the provided areas in the motel grounds, and basically just enjoyed having everything at our fingertips.
Staff service from Adil was great, and he even printed off our boarding passes for our flights when we were checking out.
The plumbing was a little sus in the apartment, and we would get some crazy gurgle noises when the shower was on, just ignored it though. The outdoor spa was a bit useless - but hey, the beach was across the road, so why spend your days at the motel!
Secure and undercover Parking is only provided in limited designated spots - and it seemed like there weren't enough - I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get a spot, but always managed to snag one!
Need some more cutlery in the kitchen :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering family friendly facilities and the perfect getaway atmosphere, BreakFree Peninsula is the perfect location for your next holiday. **PLEASE NOTE** Air-conditioning is on request/subject to availability. For your convenience we cannot accept bookings for same day arrivals outside of reception hours. Please phone during normal business hours prior to arrival to arrange after hours check in. Once a booking has been made we accept NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS to that booking. Party Policy: • Parties are not permitted in apartments • Registered guests only are permitted in apartments after 10pm • Excessive noise will not be tolerated Failure to comply with the above will result in the eviction of the guest/from the property. The property reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *clearance 1.9 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakfree Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Peninsula Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Peninsula Hotel Breakfree
- Peninsula Apartments
- Surfers Paradise Peninsula
- Breakfree Peninsula Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise