“rhys”
Review of The Wax Museum

The Wax Museum
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Visited here with my grandson we both had an awesome time ,with me being frightened on more than one occasion The likeness and clothing was really done well

1  Thank barbaramitchell

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This museum is absolutely terrible. The worst museum that I've ever been to. This is a warning to never visit this museum ever.

3  Thank Patrick V
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having been to the Las Vegas wax museum, we found the Surfers Paradise version to be seriously lacking. Very small spaces, totally lacking in charm and appeal .....and with only a small number of unconvincing representations! All wax models were housed within "cages" - with a glass upper half, (difficult for younger children to view) - and mostly 3 to a cage with no backdrop/props. Any interaction/photography was impossible. (Half of the great fun factor at Las Vegas!!!) - Boring and tremendously disappointing. The lower level hosts the "torture chamber" tour and is accessed by a narrow, steep staircase. It is dark, confined and clearly has no efficient air-conditioning system. It takes a little while to get through this tour and so it became a bit arduous half-way through. We were subjected to a "close" atmosphere made worse by a baby with a smelly napkin! Quite claustrophobic and unpleasant. ( And pushchairs should not be allowed - there's not enough room.) The information provided by an officious, older woman was mildly interesting, but also sickening - so be warned! Unbeknownst to me, my husband had flagged the last bit of the tour and gone upstairs where he promptly fainted. We returned to find him sitting on a chair, white-faced and groaning! He is not normally a claustrophobic person, but found the close, warm and stale atmosphere too much to handle. Apart from assisting the faintee up from the floor onto a chair, (perhaps because he was blocking the access!) the desk man didnt want to be involved and had to be asked for a glass of water and a wet cloth - which was in fact an old rag he pulled out from under the desk. Better than nothing I guess, however I feel they should make provision for such a possibility, given the way the "attraction" ( a term I use loosely), is operated!
Don't go if you have already been to a wax museum - its a complete waste of money. And certainly don't go if you are claustrophobic, have any kind of medical condition or are averse to stuffy atmospheres. .......Amateur operation!

3  Thank jafagirl
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I visited with our Daughter and I found it to be pretty boring, and yet they loved it, because of the history within

Reviewed June 3, 2013

not a bad dose of history, I enjoyed it but think the kids got a little borred. Bit pricey though for what it is.