“Wish I Read These Reviews First”
Review of The Wax Museum

The Wax Museum
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The lady at the front desk and the gentelman who took us through the House of Horrors were both very nice and friendly. We actually paid less for the combined tour compared to walking through the celebrety section (adults for price of kids)
The House of Horrors was not a bad exhibit, the guide made it worthwhile and obviously knew his stuff. The upstairs, celebrety section was a disapointment. All models were behind glass and the likenesses were just not there, ie Neli Armstrong, John Kennedy, Rolf Harris, Price Charles.
It was overall a disppointment to my family and I and was defintely over priced. Customer service was however good

7  Thank safitz
There are newer reviews for The Wax Museum

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We went to the Wax Museum on the Gold Coast and it was dreadful. The Front of Desk Chap was extremely rude, and snatched our money. The entrance fee was $110 for 2 adults and 3 kids and it was a rip off. We did the entire exhibit in 30 minutes! We were told that we had to do both the House of Horrors and the Celebrities. The House of Horrors is not suitable for young children! The wax figures were terribly crafted and didn't look like their human counterpart. And to top it off, there are no public toilets.... how did this ever get passed at council? I think that he didn't want us to use the toilets. Front of Desk needs some manners and training in Customer Service. In short - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

7  Thank WanderingTraveller20
Reviewed March 4, 2011

All wax figures are behind glass which made it very disappointing compared to the same wax museums overseas. Very few figures actually looked like the person which we found very very poor. Can not recommend to anyone.....sorry. We were hoping it would be better than it was.

4  Thank Funbundy
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I took a friend from the U.S.A. to see this total rip-off of a wax museum. I thought it would be like Madame Tussauds.....how WRONG COULD I BE!!! First of all they were behind glass, so you could not take photos with them, and then they were so badly crafted you did not even know who they were, especially Whitney Houston which was sooooooo bad I totally fell on the floor laughing!! Luckily we went in the evening after several drinks which made it bearably funny. I totally felt like cmaping out the front and warming everyone not to waste their money. JUST AWFUL and I don't know how they keep in business.

3  Thank Stardreamer29
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Charged $80 to walk in with two kids 4 & 7, walked out with in 10 minutes very dissapointed, let the tossa know about it when we left and I felt like campin outside and telling everyone how crap this place is.. Give it a miss and buy tea for the family instead..

3  Thank liverhawks