“GREAT FAMILY FUN”

Kaitaia, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT FAMILY FUN”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been on a number of jet boat rides but this was my kids first and what a thrill watching them as we zoomed around surfers harbor , the driver was excellent, and continued to do 360s that kept the family on edge., they even dropped us off at Sea World on their way back.

Visited September 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Superb”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Superb experience. We did the heli tour as well.
Crew was very friendly as well.Will visit again.
5 star :))))

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Have never tried Jet Boating before so I cannot compare to others, however I took my 13 year old son on this and we had a great time, it was his favourite of all the things we did on the Gold Coast (including all the theme parks).

The ride is an hour, and 30 minutes of this is spent getting out of the river into the broadwater where the boat can speed up and start doing the 360's and sharp turns etc. I'm think our driver was fairly new, but be was fantastic and did some commentary of the way out and the way back which was interesting, however he was in no way new to jet boats as he really new how to drive a jet boat.....

They do offer rain coats before boarding but I don't think it worth the effort as getting wet is half the fun, if you sit on the sides or anywhere in the back row you will get wet (not drenched but wet), if you sit in the middle you'll get a little wet. They also have a locker to put any valuables in before departing as you cannot take any bags or loose items.

Once on the broadwater the driver told everyone to hang on as he could turn at any time (he did wave his hand in the air before doing any 360's) and then your off for 20 minutes and turns, spins and high speed, really good fun.

They take photo's (extra cost $25 for both photos), one the on water before the action starts (taken from another boat) and one of the boat when doing a 360's.

The boat departed from the wharf at the Vibe Hotel which made it easy to get to.

We loved it and would do it again without hesitation.

Visited September 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you want the real thing, try Shotover Jet in Queenstown, NZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBT-2yGXVwU).
Or their competitor Thunder Jet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSKQJI7FFo).

They really got my blood pressure up and I loved it :)

Gold Coast's Surfers Jet was a poor imitation. Very, very poor. A boring boat ride with half a dozen poorly executed 360s to get you wet. That's it. We should have spent the money on ice creams instead.

Visited August 2013
“The most amazing ride of our families lives!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Jamie (our driver) was AMAZING! I think I was the cheesiest person on there so hard to forget but I overcome my fear of boats whilst being in that boat! It was truly the most amazing thing to experience ..... U truly r an asset to the Company! When we come w will definitely be doing it again as long as ur driving! Thank you soooo much once again!