We stayed at Paradise Isles for five nights during the New Year peak season. Paradise Isles is an apartment hotel, so only the physical facilities, utilities, towels, and minor consumables such as starter bars of soap, toilet paper, and coffee/tea are provided. There is no maid service or changing of towels and linen, but each unit has its own refrigerator, stove, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, and wash tub. Individuals own the units, so furnishings are not uniform throughout the building. Our unit had adequate furnishings and a very large patio area which we did not use. We had apartment 3 on the ground floor next to the resident manager's apartments and office counter and next door to a couple with a two year-old and a one year-old. So we had quiet enjoyment of the apartment about 70 per cent of the time. As for the other 30% of the time, there is no quiet enjoyment when there is no quiet.
The positives include:
• Very friendly and helpful lady in the office.
• There is a swimming pool, and every time we passed it, someone was using it.
• Walking distance to center of Surfers Paradise
• Each apartment is assigned one parking space in the garage. The garage hardly ever seemed even half full even though there was a "no vacancy" sign posted throughout the five days we were there. We understand many guests do not bring cars.
• There are a lot of good shops, supermarkets and restaurants on Thomas Drive. Some restaurants such as Samphire Bites and Bangkok Thai are very highly rated by TripAdvisor contributors, and we recommend them both.
• Small but good TV with good channels. We noticed there was a VCR under the TV.
Not so positives
• Room 3 is next to the manager's window where there is a lot of activity just outside the door.
• It is pretty easy to hear what is happening in the next apartment because the walls and doors don't do much to stop the sound. So quality of stay depends on neighbor noise or not.
• Wi-fi is comparatively expensive (think it's A$16 a day), so we used a Vodafone SIM card with data for Internet, but mobile phone connection in that area wasn't strong enough for applications such as Skype.
We stayed in six hotels during our visit to Queensland. We would rank Paradise Isles number 6 out of 6 due to the occasional neighbor noise mainly from the family next door and expensive Internet. Still, our stay was very good overall, and we suspect it is a much better deal than more expensive hotel space in Surfers Paradise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Budget Places and Agoda so you can book your Paradise Isles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Isles Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Isles Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise