BreakFree Cosmopolitan
The Breakers(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$196
$166
Hotels.com
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$140
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$136
$111
  • Pool
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$93
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$171
$148
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
$233
$204
Agoda.com
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$109
$84
  • Restaurant
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
  • Beachfront
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$161
$156
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbasketball courtgreat locationacross the roadbathroom laundrynoisy at nightnoise from the streetcavill aveparadise centreclose to shopsapartment was cleanpublic transportcentral locationstay there againview from the balconya great place to staynight liferecommend staying here
Reviewed March 6, 2013

On arrival at 10pm after 20 hours of travelling, we arrived to find an unmanned reception with an intercom. On entering our room we found we had no toilet tissue, but it was available from reception (CLOSED) for $1 a roll!
Room was dirty and chest of drawers falling apart. Pool area was being refurbished, due to open the day we left! As we had booked in March 2012 to travel in Dec. 2012, had we been informed there would be no pool we would have changed hotels!
Very poor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were looking for the main entrance, and it wasn't well sign posted, no main entrance, only through a arcade area, very bizzare!. Lovely ladies on the desk, very nice. When my daughter and I got to our room we were very disappointed. I'm not one to complain but maybe I should've been asked to move. I did want reasonable accommodation and close to everything, but I would've expected the room to be more updated than it was. Very dated, not clean. Chocolate on one of the tables. One table needed throwing out.. lamp very suspect, thought I was going to get electructed. I will let the Flight centre know of this. All the furniture and stove top, oven, jug, microwave need "THROWING OUT".. Carpets arghhh... Rickety old ceiling fans.. Overlooking an old bike, rusty table and clothes airer next balcony to ours. My daughter slept on an old bunk bed. Went to the roof top pool.. some maintenance going on.. hmmm think something up there. The steps going up to it, "FILTHY"..!! If I had more money I would've left and gone elsewhere and asked for a full refund. As it is I will see if Flight centre will compensate in some way.Webiste pics must be from when it first opened.. Very disappointing!!

Stayed 8th - 13th Feb 2013

Room Tip: Read the reviews before picking accommodation..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank FleurFFF
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed there for 4 days. I didn't expect too much because it was my sudden decision to travel to Gold Coast and hotels, backpackers were mostly full (peak season, begin of January). I found the deal on another website which quite expensive but it was the only available place that I can stay. Receptionist is a very nice lady. My room was at the 2nd floor.

The things that I am disappointed is only one electronic plug in the room, and found a live cockroach at the bathroom. I was expect there were more amenities but only soaps.

Pool were pretty during the night.

I love the location of this hotel, near to beach, shopping mall, restaurants very convenient.

Overall the experience for me is okay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank yvette_ng
JimRDalgliesh, Manager at BreakFree Cosmopolitan, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Try booking directly through us next time as we sometimes don't receive requests you may have made through a website. Let us know if there is any vermin issue's and we can deal with them straight away.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed there in November 2012 and found that the facilities advertised (pools) we non-existant. The unit was not clean, the utensils were not good and the whole unit neede to be updated. Foxtel did not work. We will never stay there again. Beware that the photos on their website do not reflect the actual building and condition of rooms.
Breakfree should have told us that the pools were under constructions, we would not have booked it if we had known.
We complained to Breakfree by email but received no reply, very unprofessional.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nevskynever

Thank you for your feedback. We do appologise that the pools weren't opperational while you were here. I am happy to inform you that the refurbishment of our Level 1 pool area was completed before Christmas. We are also in the process of refurbishing our rooftop pool which, due to the weather is taking longer than expected, we hope to be open before easter. We are working closly with the Owners of the units to refurbish and some are underway. We hope when you are looking for budget style accomodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise that you give us a call.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My partner and I were given a gift to come and stay at the cosmopolitan for 1 week. The first 5 minutes of being here I was in tears and wanted to go home! $100 later on cleaning products to sterilize our room, it felt a little cleaner! Sprayed glen 20 every time we left the room to get rid of the bad stench that lingers in the room! Wouldn't sit on the couch as it was filthy, cushions on the couch had some sort of body fluids which I informed the front desk of... Was told that would be cleaned...didn't happen when we were there! Front desk staff weren't very helpful, not approachable at all which is hard when you are in a foreign place! There also needs to be some doors put on with fly screens so you can leave the doors open to let air through the room!! Won't stay here again and will advise family and friends of this as well!!

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on clean budget priced accomodation, I am sorry that your room was not up to our usual standard. I would have had your room re-cleaned or move you to another room if your carpets needed cleaning. I appologise if the front desk staff weren't helpfull.